• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destruction of the Innocent. Suggestions?

33 posts in this topic

sad to see what appeared to be a decent copy of the book being cut up :(

Thanks for your concern, Artboy99. It wasn't actually a decent copy. I couldn't bring myself to do something like this to a decent copy of a comic book or a book.

First off, the original binding had been removed years ago and replaced with a library binding. Condition-wise, I think of that as something akin to a coverless GA book with a photocopied cover stapled to it.

Many of the pages are stained with something that I hope is coffee or hot chocolate. Some have writing.

On top of all that, most of the illustration pages in the middle had been removed by somebody else. So it was basically both incomplete and coverless. Thus my decision, when it didn't sell in a sales thread, to have some fun with it.

Hey steve..

totally missed this thread man ...

very cool idea....

I will take any of the illustration pages for a gift :)

Will follow the thread though !

My main man Artboy is sensitive....

send him the planet page and he will forgive you !!!!

I promise !

Thor

sad to see what appeared to be a decent copy of the book being cut up :(

Thanks for your concern, Artboy99. It wasn't actually a decent copy. I couldn't bring myself to do something like this to a decent copy of a comic book or a book.

First off, the original binding had been removed years ago and replaced with a library binding. Condition-wise, I think of that as something akin to a coverless GA book with a photocopied cover stapled to it.

Many of the pages are stained with something that I hope is coffee or hot chocolate. Some have writing.

On top of all that, most of the illustration pages in the middle had been removed by somebody else. So it was basically both incomplete and coverless. Thus my decision, when it didn't sell in a sales thread, to have some fun with it.

(thumbs u

I do love your project, perhaps I am jealous that I don't own a copy of the book.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Page 32 has a pic of Planet 53?

Planet 53 was mentioned, but not pictured. This has the distinction of being a book that Wertham misquoted. Note he used the word "maid" when the comic indicates "mate."

Planet_53_01_zpsayh5orzg.jpg

Planet_53_02_zpstv01ma5z.jpg

very cool, thanks for the share.

Thor is right, I am a fanatic on anything Planet comics.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Page 32 has a pic of Planet 53?

Planet 53 was mentioned, but not pictured. This has the distinction of being a book that Wertham misquoted. Note he used the word "maid" when the comic indicates "mate."

Planet_53_01_zpsayh5orzg.jpg

Planet_53_02_zpstv01ma5z.jpg

Very cool !

Thanks again for posting