• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a Restored 9.4 Tec 33 Blowing up on Ebay

895 posts in this topic

At nearly $30k after just a few hours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-33-CBCS-9-4-Restored-WHITE-Pedigree-Single-Highest-Graded-/141860053585?hash=item210784a251:g:KlsAAOSw5IJWezps

Any one have a clue of what FMV on something like this is? (shrug)

-J.

I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure FMV in this case would stand for "Frankenstein's Monster Value"

How can it be a pedigree and extensively restored?

I was wondering that as well. Between this and the restored "9.8" showcase 4 Voldy has coming up in the next CC auction, whatever remaining regard I had for that other company and their grading/labeling practices has pretty much left the building. :fear:

-J.

I was wondering that as well. Between this and the restored "9.8" showcase 4 Voldy has coming up in the next CC auction, whatever remaining regard I had for that other company and their grading/labeling practices has pretty much left the building. :fear:

-J.

I would really love to see the notes/work on a book like this. How do you get a 9.8 without restoring an already high grade copy? Ironic but these books remind me of Danny Dupecake or whatever his name is.

where are you getting the Pedigree from ?

The seller says the book once belonged to Billjo White. That's not a CGC recognized pedigree, of course.

-J.

I would really love to see the notes/work on a book like this. How do you get a 9.8 without restoring an already high grade copy? Ironic but these books remind me of Danny Dupecake or whatever his name is.

Dannyboy would sell his mess as unrestored whereas these books are all slabbed, no surprises.

The seller says the book once belonged to Billjo White. That's not a CGC recognized pedigree, of course.

From the collection of ____ then ....

-J.

Dannyboy would sell his mess as unrestored whereas these books are all slabbed, no surprises.

Except the amount of work or how much of these books are fake might be a surprise. The work does look incredible but a 9.8 grade seems to be a bit odd, no?

So it is the seller's own interpretation of a pedigree, not the grading company?

So it is the seller's own interpretation of a pedigree, not the grading company?

Apparently, he's using "pedigree" in the casual sense.

Apparently, he's using "pedigree" in the casual sense.

Gotcha, so as a "marketing ploy."

The key word here is "extensive". The seller has noted that you can't go further than this category, and is pushing the word to its extreme. There should be a new category - "extreme restoration".

or simply "re-creation"