• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a Restored 9.4 Tec 33 Blowing up on Ebay

895 posts in this topic

This is the kind of thing that happens when someone enters a field of commerce without doing their due diligence, then starts grasping for any reason other than their own ineptitude when they fail.

This is the kind of thing that happens when someone enters a field of commerce without doing their due diligence, then starts grasping for any reason other than their own ineptitude when they fail.

Happy Holidays Richard even tho i am still waiting. I got a ride to pick it up. :popcorn:

carcasketcheap_zpsqmhnlapz.jpg

Well if certain comments were made that could be perceived as being detrimental to their business chances are that there will be an out of court settlement in their favour?

The courts have traditionally proven *very* reluctant to inject themselves onto internet chat boards - besides the obvious issues, can you imagine the nightmare if they open such a Pandora's box?

There won't be any settlement (if CGC stands by their guns) - the lawsuit is frivolous.

If anything a fraud class action suit should be filed against igb and CBCS for those ridiculous books with all manner of undisclosed resto work flooding the market.

-J.

I am 100% sure that CGC would not want anything of the sort to take place because they would be directly implicating themselves with the can of worms which they themselves opened more than 10 years ago by allowing undisclosed maximization of potential for their universally graded books. :gossip:

To the CGC Community:

For purposes of transparency we thought it important to inform everyone that on December 13, 2016, CGC was sued in the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County by Matthew & Emily Meyers, as well as by their business Investment Grade Books, LLC ("IGB"). Also named as defendants were CCS, Matt Nelson and Heritage Auctions, Inc. We just received the Complaint three days ago.

In all five claims were asserted against the defendants. The Meyers claim (1) Defamation and (2) False Light, while IGB alleges (3) Intentional Interference with Existing Business Relations and (4) Intentional Interference with Prospective Contractual Relations. Both the Meyers and IGB are jointly pursuing a claim of (5) Civil Conspiracy. Rather than provide all the specific details, and because we believe it is important the community is aware of this action, I am providing a link of the full Complaint for everyone's review:

https://www.docdroid.net/Dx6w7uS/complaint.pdf.html

On behalf of CGC, CCS and Matt, rest assured we find the allegations to be false and completely baseless. We will not just defend ourselves against this lawsuit but actually fight aggressively. We welcome the opportunity to prove before a court of law that the accusations are frivolous.

Many of you may recognize some of the allegations as having been the subject of discussion in this thread where the Meyers posted under the username "igb":

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9083257&fpart=1

We take our commitment to this community very seriously, and we stand by our services and product 100%. That is why I will keep the community abreast of what transpires in the lawsuit, but please understand that given the nature of litigation I might not be able to respond to your questions. But at the appropriate times I will post further explanations and evidence.

If anyone has any relevant information to share, please feel free to contact me at Mark@MarkZaid.com.

From the CGC family, we wish everyone a very happy holiday season.

Mark S. Zaid, Esq.

Happy holidays to all CGC staff wish you guys the best.

So, your Christmas present to CGC and their staff is to present them with a lawsuit in court. (tsk)lol

Those two do seem to be rather closely associated... hm

The coupon art on the back of that All-Star 8 is awful.

Look at the left edge of the back cover. Looks like a bad trim job, but there's no mention of trimming.

Do you really believe a group of graders would miss a trim job on a high end key with a book in hand that you can see from a bad, distorted picture on the internet?

CC uses photos rather than scans and their pics are not always perfectly representative of the book. In this case it looks like the bottom of the slab is wider than the top.