• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a Restored 9.4 Tec 33 Blowing up on Ebay

895 posts in this topic

The restorer's name was an inside baseball tip. Like Bedrock said, one day later and not disputed. Shame on us that we had to have the dots connected as well, we must be getting slow in our old age.

Shilling's fightin words, but it's a pretty heinous offense. I understand the temptation but you gotta fight the dark side. If igb.corp's a party then he's got some explaining to do too.

Just own it man, you know you want to you can barely restrain yourself, and why not it's beautiful work the rest of us couldn't do it in a million years, and disavow any knowledge of the shillers. It would be a lie, and you'd have shiller stank on you, but at least you could show up in public. Stonewalling and laughing in the boards' face = big butt hurt, the collective mind will eat you up tout suite

Wow nice to wake up to this. Appreciate it guys

My name is Matt Huskinson and I live in the UK. So no I am not Matt Meyers. If more proof is needed then I could provide if needed as seems with the level of person_without_enough_empathyiness on here it may be needed. Plus I didn't buy the hulk 2.0 cgc

But thanks for those jumping to conclusions and high fiving each other like losers over the internet. Lots of you on here are extremely rude and pathetic.

Basically it seems if you don't agree with a little wolf pack on here then you will get mess

Stay classy lol

FWIW I wasn't implying that you were Matt Meyers. I know you aren't. But I am implying that you have much more knowledge of him and hiswork than you have led on here.

IGB.CORP should have consigned the books to ComicConnect in the new year. The books would have done well enough with no need for apparent eBay shilling.

As been said before, nothing wrong with this business model. CBCS are to blame. They are the ones giving these books a pass and they are the ones that are assigning super high grades to these books for reasons we all know.

My name is Matt Huskinson and I live in the UK. So no I am not Matt Meyers. If more proof is needed then I could provide if needed as seems with the level of person_without_enough_empathyiness on here it may be needed. Plus I didn't buy the hulk 2.0 cgc

But thanks for those jumping to conclusions and high fiving each other like losers over the internet. Lots of you on here are extremely rude and pathetic.

Basically it seems if you don't agree with a little wolf pack on here then you will get mess

Stay classy lol

FWIW I wasn't implying that you were Matt Meyers. I know you aren't. But I am implying that you have much more knowledge of him and hiswork than you have led on here.

And he has still yet to explain why he is seeking particular copies in (non-trimmed) restored condition, other than he wants to hold them in his hands.

:popcorn:

Stay classy lol

Matt, I don't think I said anything offensive either.

You have to admit, you came in here with an agenda, you have the same 1st name as the restorer and you've been looking to buy the same books that have been selling as restored so it's going to make people attempt to connect dots.

Again, I have no problem with anyone buying books, restoring them and reselling them. If anyone finds a way to make an honest dollar, more power to them.

And he has still yet to explain why he is seeking particular copies in (non-trimmed) restored condition, other than he wants to hold them in his hands.

Does he really owe anybody an answer? (shrug)

People buy and sell stuff anonymously all the time. As long as he's not doing something fraudulent he's free to go about his business IMO.

People can conect dots no problem but now I have people saying

''And he has still yet to explain why he is seeking particular copies in (non-trimmed) restored condition, other than he wants to hold them in his hands.''

It is of no ones business on here why I buy comics or in what state I wish to buy them in. I don't want trimmed copies as like most I don't ike trimmed comics and I can't afford non restored huge keys so restored copies are more appealing to me financially. Plus I feel uk edition (pricing) and restored comics will do well in the future.

Hope this answers why I want certain comics. All I have done is try to join in on a disscussion with something that I find interesting. Then all I tried to do was say that unless you have all the facts to hand don't make assumptions on someone elses work. From that I have had unwanted pm's from people that are rude, people trying to make me look stupid, saying I'm someone i'm not, saying I'm disingenuous etc etc. Just un called for. I was never rude or presumptious

Plus if anyone wants to read through I haven't disagreed with people saying comics should feel natural etc I completely agree. My whole point was don't say something doesn't feel natural or imply it when you haven't had a single comic to hand

People can be emotional about comics. I wouldn't let everyone's opinions bother you.

If you're enjoying the hobby, then more power to you. (thumbs u

Stay classy lol

You have to admit, you came in here with an agenda, you have the same 1st name as the restorer and you've been looking to buy the same books that have been selling as restored so it's going to make people attempt to connect dots.

Again, I have no problem with anyone buying books, restoring them and reselling them. If anyone finds a way to make an honest dollar, more power to them.

My agenda if I did have one was to just stop people ripping into someone's work when they have little to no knowledge about it. Personally I think it is very unprofessional and childish to do this to anyone. Everyone is entiltled to their opinion on anything and everything but trying to put someone's work down when you are not involved just seems wrong to me

I have dealt with Matt before yes. I was not trying to hide this but the reason I didn't want to get into it is because it is of none of my business to talk about someone or their work on here or anywhere else. Plus I don't know anything about his work or methods which is why I would never comment on it.

All I can say is from the interactions I have had with him is that he comes across as a genuine top bloke and true professional.

Stay classy lol

My agenda if I did have one was to just stop people ripping into someone's work when they have little to no knowledge about it. Personally I think it is very unprofessional and childish to do this to anyone. Everyone is entiltled to their opinion on anything and everything but trying to put someone's work down when you are not involved just seems wrong to me

I have dealt with Matt before yes. I was not trying to hide this but the reason I didn't want to get into it is because it is of none of my business to talk about someone or their work on here or anywhere else. Plus I don't know anything about his work or methods which is why I would never comment on it.

All I can say is from the interactions I have had with him is that he comes across as a genuine top bloke and true professional.

so, would it be fair to say that you have purchased restored keys in the past, had them re-restored by Matt Meyers, then re-sold them either through eBay or some other venue?

You did mention in one of your very early posts that you were in this more so for profit, than a hobby. Nothing at all wrong with making a profit. I'm just curious.

And perhaps it will put a stake in the heart of all the speculation in this thread

so, would it be fair to say that you have purchased restored keys in the past, had them re-restored by Matt Meyers, then re-sold them either through eBay or some other venue?

You did mention in one of your very early posts that you were in this more so for profit, than a hobby. Nothing at all wrong with making a profit. I'm just curious.

And perhaps it will put a stake in the heart of all the speculation in this thread

I had a ST110 that I wanted restored a while ago now and I came across Matt who at the time was happy to do it for me. So yes I had that restored and sold it on. Besides that no. It wouldn't make financial sense for him to do it for me anyway when he could just buy them himself and benefit from it solely.

When I intially got into comics yes it was just for profit but that was almost 4 years ago. Now I have a personal collection, getting much more into art (or at least trying) and love the collecting of comics on a whole. Buying, selling, collecting, displaying just the usual :-)

Well I do infact know (as I wanted a pep so researched the market) that the 9.4 cgc was done by the restorers in qustion

CGC must of been happy to grade that one for some reason

It is entirely possible that

a) this may have been graded earlier than the other books and CGC has changed their stance

b) this book didn't receive the same amount of work and is therefore not the same as the other books

c) some other reason

But CGC has in the past made a judgement call on a unique situation and then changed their position after gathering more knowledge about the subject.

All possible and very plausable...... but could easily give another a,b,c as to why on the flip side. Sure someone on here will buy one soon enough then maybe/hopefully they will be able to shed some bright light on this :-)

But if he restored the ST 110 for you, you actually had some of his work in hand, no?

No as I live in the UK there was no point in sending it to me for me to send it back to the U.S for slabbing. Plus he kindly offered to sell it for me so didn't have it sent over to me after slabbing as the U.S has a better market for selling comics than the U.K

Look everyone stop trying to find things that are not there.

Not going to answer anymore personal questions as tbf none of anybodies business

Well sorry if I jumped to conclusions and got the hanging rope out based on the coincidence of your first names. I was willing to give you props if you were the mastermind behind turning discounted PLODs into rainmakers, but apparently that too is off the mark.

Someone deserves to swing for that Ebay shilling though. That's whats got me riled up.

Well sorry if I jumped to conclusions and got the hanging rope out based on the coincidence of your first names. I was willing to give you props if you were the mastermind behind turning discounted PLODs into rainmakers, but apparently that too is off the mark.

Someone deserves to swing for that Ebay shilling though. That's whats got me riled up

I'm just thankful I wasn't called Adolf at birth otherwise on here it seems I would have a lot to answer for lol

No as I live in the UK there was no point in sending it to me for me to send it back to the U.S for slabbing. Plus he kindly offered to sell it for me so didn't have it sent over to me after slabbing as the U.S has a better market for selling comics than the U.K

Not going to answer anymore personal questions as tbf none of anybodies business

No worries. I'm sure people can draw their own conclusions from this discussion.

No worries. I'm sure people can draw their own conclusions from this discussion.

Hopefully some accurate ones will pop up soon enough

Now I have a personal collection, getting much more into art (or at least trying) and love the collecting of comics on a whole. Buying, selling, collecting, displaying just the usual :-)

Again, sometimes we can get very focused on things that we may not particularly like or do ourselves and can make it personal. I find with comics especially, probably because they are a nostalgic thing, conversations can get hot and heavy.

I think it's great that you got into collecting and even more great that you're not from this side of the pond but actually got into it while living in Europe.

Matt seems to have found a niche for himself (and similar to an idea that I actually had years ago about helping restored books achieve higher grades but never followed through with) but technically he isn't doing anything wrong.

I just think that some people (purists) won't agree with it from the philosophical point of view that even restored comics need to look and feel like restored comics.

But if you want a gorgeous looking book, he's nailed it.