• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

If Disney's plan is to kill off all of the members of the original trilogy so they can start their own stories, I think they're in for a rude awakening. I don't think too many people are interested in following the adventures of Rey, Finn and Poe. The reason there was so much excitement for the sequel trilogy was because the OT cast were returning. Now that the excitement is dissipated, and the public realizes that Disney wants to execute one OT character per film, I see diminishing returns. I doubt that Episode IX opens as high as TLJ.

30 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

If Disney's plan is to kill off all of the members of the original trilogy so they can start their own stories, I think they're in for a rude awakening. I don't think too many people are interested in following the adventures of Rey, Finn and Poe. The reason there was so much excitement for the sequel trilogy was because the OT cast were returning. Now that the excitement is dissipated, and the public realizes that Disney wants to execute one OT character per film, I see diminishing returns. I doubt that Episode IX opens as high as TLJ.

Rey Finn and Poe are very uninteresting characters to me.

I saw it today for the first time today. Does it get better if you see it again? I didn't like it. Its not that I hated it,
but the other two put this one to shame. 

I wanted to hate it for what they did to Luke Skywalker, but I will keep that to the side.

Kylo Ren is a just plain terrible villain and I think is getting worse. I at least like Snoke for having goals.
He just a brat trying to be like his grandpa. 

I think they are just going the wrong path here with the Jedi. Leaving it in the hands of Rey and Leia neither
of which know squat about the force is just a joke. 

Id like to say some positive things too, but I am struggling for them right now. Maybe later I will think of them.

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I saw it today for the first time today. Does it get better if you see it again? I didn't like it. Its not that I hated it,
but the other two put this one to shame. 

I wanted to hate it for what they did to Luke Skywalker, but I will keep that to the side.

Kylo Ren is a just plain terrible villain and I think is getting worse. I at least like Snoke for having goals.
He just a brat trying to be like his grandpa. 

I think they are just going the wrong path here with the Jedi. Leaving it in the hands of Rey and Leia neither
of which know squat about the force is just a joke. 

Id like to say some positive things too, but I am struggling for them right now. Maybe later I will think of them.

I also struggle trying to say positive things. I still cant think of them.

31 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

John Williams score was good. 

I didn't hate the movie,  I just don't like the direction that the franchise is taking.

The music was great, the space action sequences were at least interesting and make good use of technology...

If they subtracted about 75% of the forced/misplaced/poorly written humor it would have been a far better film even with the decisions they made with the characters that were questionable.

On November 13, Kylo Ren was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his Supreme Leader Snoke. Deep down, he knew he was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to him, as the apprentice Snoke was looking for.  With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, General Hux. Several years earlier, Supreme Leader Snoke had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two former first order leaders share an apartment without driving each other crazy?

Someone at Disney with any sense should have replaced Holdo with Leia in post production and had Leia crash the ship into the First Order. Give her a sweet send off where she does something instead of the only heroic character in the entire movie being Laura Dern with pink hair for some reason. 

Also, the Superleia scene was one of the most cringeworthy moments in movie history.

Edited by Red84

And I actually didn't hate the movie. It was meh. I didn't grow up with Star Wars so I'm not partial to the series.  

It was just amazing to me how inept the writer/director was. Basic storytelling is if you set something up it should payoff later.

Not giving Snoke any backstory was a bizarre choice. 

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

On November 13, Kylo Ren was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his Supreme Leader Snoke. Deep down, he knew he was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to him, as the apprentice Snoke was looking for.  With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, General Hux. Several years earlier, Supreme Leader Snoke had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two former first order leaders share an apartment without driving each other crazy?

Toshiro Mifune Laugh The Hidden Fortress.gif