• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I give the actor some respect for doing what he needed to do to shed the "emo" label he was given after the Force Awakens.

You never saw him on "Girls" then...they were showing off his physique during that show constantly right from the first episode, presumably as a contrast to his girlfriend on the show Lena Dunham's chubbiness.  He didn't get buff for Star Wars, he was already that way years before.  Plus he signed up for the Marines after 9/11 and served for almost three years, so I've always found the idea of him being purely emo as strange.

8278bbe554a4b9184a16dbe1de2a7061--girls-

Edited by fantastic_four

51 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

You never saw him on "Girls" then...they were showing off his physique during that show constantly right from the first episode, presumably as a contrast to his girlfriend on the show Lena Dunham's chubbiness.  He didn't get buff for Star Wars, he was already that way years before.  Plus he signed up for the Marines after 9/11 and served for almost three years, so I've always found the idea of him being purely emo as strange.

8278bbe554a4b9184a16dbe1de2a7061--girls-

At one point, there was a rumor he was going to play Robin in a Batman movie because he is so fit.

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Pretty sure this guy will love the film, although he won't be able to watch it for a few years.

20171225_083443.jpg

My 10 year old nephew saw it recently, he loves the original trilogy, saw TFA 3x at the cinema, favourite characters are Vader, Chewie and BB-8. He thought TLJ was, ok, boring in places, thought Leia Poppins was silly. Doesn’t want to watch it again, can’t wait for the next Jurassic World movie.

I rank the films as such:

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. Revenge of the Sith
  3. A New Hope
  4. Force Awakens
  5. Attack of the Clones
  6. Last Jedi
  7. Return of the Jedi
  8. Phantom Menace

That's a personal ranking, not the films I see as best, although I'd only change the list by moving Revenge of the Sith from second to fourth ranking them more objectively.  I've never understood why people hate Episodes II and III...they've got the best action and lightsaber duels of the entire series by far, barring the Darth Maul duel which is the best by the virtue of Ray Park's acrobatics.  The most underrated is Attack of the Clones...I'll never understand why more people don't love the Dooku fights, or the Jango Fett sequences, or the Geonosis battle in the arena.  Nor why people aren't more wowed by the space battle at the start of Episode III, or General Grievous, or the Mustafar lightsaber battle.

Edited by fantastic_four

19 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I rank the films as such:

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. Revenge of the Sith
  3. A New Hope
  4. Force Awakens
  5. Attack of the Clones
  6. Last Jedi
  7. Return of the Jedi
  8. Phantom Menace

That's a personal ranking, not the films I see as best, although I'd only change the list by moving Revenge of the Sith from second to fifth ranking them more objectively.  I've never understood why people hate Episodes II and III...they've got the best action and lightsaber duels of the entire series by far, barring the Darth Maul duel which is the best by the virtue of Ray Park's acrobatics.  The most underrated is Attack of the Clones...I'll never understand why more people don't love the Dooku fights, or the Jango Fett sequences, or the Geonosis battle in the arena.  Nor why people aren't more wowed by the space battle at the start of Episode III, or General Grievous, or the Mustafar lightsaber battle.

That's a very good, very personal, list....to which you're entitled. 

I think I can answer why people hate epiodes 2 and 3 though....

bfd6a15c2b58132f50793a99b14fd2a0fff1a0e1

And that was him in between takes.....

Edited by comix4fun

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Luke had to inherit his whininess from somewhere, so I just let it ride with Anakin as I did with Luke in Episodes IV through VI.

luke-i-was-once-a-whiny-brat-like-you-no

It's not being whiny, Hayden Christensen was objectively...empirically horrible. Sure, he had total garbage writing to recite, but a piece of plywood with a lightsaber duct-taped to it would have been an improvement over what he brought to the role.

He's the poster child for the dangers of casting someone who "looks the part" over someone who can actually act the part.  

He was horrendous as Anakin. His performance was the stuff of nightmares and not in a way that would have helped the portrayal. 

People might complain about Adam Driver's performance, but had the prequels been shot now and Driver been placed in the Christensen role those films would have been drastically improved by his presence. 

This movie flew past all of this year's superhero in only its 12th day of release.  It will most likely be the #1 movie after this coming weekend and should be very close to $1 billion internationally.  Sometime next week, it will pass Rogue One domestically/internationally.  After that, it will be closing in on Marvel's The Avengers domestic total.

Edited by rjrjr

21 minutes ago, rjrjr said:

This movie flew past all of this year's superhero in only its 12th day of release.  It will most likely be the #1 movie after this coming weekend and should be very close to $1 billion internationally.  Sometime next week, it will pass Rogue One domestically/internationally.  After that, it will be closing in on Marvel's The Avengers domestic total.

It's coming fast.

26wSMMV.png

All those Star Wars fans going back a second and third time to give it one more try.