• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Padme LITERALLY died of sadness, and you think THIS is one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived?  They kept a badass villain alive.  Hell, there is actually precedence of this happening before.  Remember the scene where Boba Fett is eaten by the Sarlacc?  Yea he survived in the EU.  O and that is technically cannon now that both Lucas and Disney confirmed it (Disney was even originally trying to work him into TFA)

Yea they showed the new Darth Maul in the Clones Wars cartoon and that one is still canon, but I'll eat my hat if they ever show Darth Maul in one of the movies.  Plus Obi-Wan killed him a second time in that cartoon, so the only place he ever even could appear is in a story set in the middle of the prequel films.

Maul is THE coolest villain in Star Wars, he just suffers from almost no development in Episode I before Lucas committed the horrible crime of killing off the coolest villain he had ever created.  :cry:

26 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

6. Mace Windu = Dies by Lightsabre

He died from either Force lightning or a fall, I believe.  It's at the end of the clip I just included a dozen or so posts back.  Or with the freedom the Expanded Universe guys felt to resurrect characters, maybe he's still alive!  :ohnoez:

I liked everything about this scene except one huge thing--Sidious whacks Kit Fisto with a single swipe that Fisto should easily have seen coming.  That was just lame, lame, lame, and more lame.

There's a lot of bad in Revenge of the Sith, but there's so much great stuff I still rank it really high among the films.  I could pick half a dozen epic scenes from Episode III that eclipse EVERYTHING in Revenge Return of the Jedi.

Edited by fantastic_four

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Yea they showed the new Darth Maul in the Clones Wars cartoon and that one is still canon, but I'll eat my hat if they ever show Darth Maul in one of the movies.  Plus Obi-Wan killed him a second time in that cartoon, so the only place he ever even could appear is in a story set in the middle of the prequel films.

Maul is THE coolest villain in Star Wars, he just suffers from almost no development in Episode I before Lucas committed the horrible crime of killing off the coolest villain he had ever created.  :cry:

Plus he was supposed to be a lot scarier looking. When Lucas saw the original design he asked for it to be "dialed back" quite a bit before approval. 

Just now, Chip Cataldo said:

Plus he was supposed to be a lot scarier looking. When Lucas saw the original design he asked for it to be "dialed back" quite a bit before approval. 

Never heard of that, does a picture of the original design exist?

Is this it?  Eek...I'd have to see that fully converted to a costume with makeup to be sure, but my first impression is I don't like it as much.  Definitely much creepier though.

darth-maul-concept-final.jpg

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Is this it?  Eek...I'd have to see that fully converted to a costume with makeup to be sure, but my first impression is I don't like it as much.  Definitely much creepier though.

darth-maul-concept-final.jpg

Yeah, thats not nightmare inducing or anything. That really how he was supposed to look? Although I get it, why put the most disturbing scary character in SW history in the most kid friendly SW movie ever?

1 minute ago, zhamlau said:

why put the most disturbing scary character in SW history in the most kid friendly SW movie ever?

Probably to balance out the campy goofiness of the Gungans.  :eek:

Although it is the worst of the films, I still look back somewhat fondly at Episode I for a lot of reasons:

• The main one is Darth Maul, the coolest Star Wars villain EVER.  Not the best, just the coolest.  He could have become the best if Lucas hadn't killed him so fast.
  • Darth Sidious is awesome.  Ian McDiarmid is really likable in the role and great at sounding over-the-top evil.  He's one of the worst in terms of physical performance with a saber, but his voice acting is among the finest of all the films.  I can hear him coldly saying "Wipe them out...all of them" in my head anytime I think of that movie.
  • Qui-Gonn is likable.  Liam Neeson really hated working with George Lucas and has said so many times after the film, but I thought he did fine in that movie.  I hated seeing him die.
  • Ewan MacGregor did a really fine job as Obi-Wan, although that's true in all of the prequels.
  • Most of all, it came into existence years after we all assumed there wouldn't be any more Star Wars films.  It kept hope alive.  :headbang:
Edited by fantastic_four

Yeah, but thats like season 4 x-files creepy. Honestly that character looks like he belongs in an Rob Zombie movie.  On a side note, its pretty clear core story-line star wars is broken beyond repair/care...but how cool would it be to do a really dark R rated SW movie away from the Rian Johnson mess? Like a boba-fett movie set sometime before ESB with him just brutalizing his way through a contract?! Like Punisher style but in SW canon from the good trilogy era.

8 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Like a boba-fett movie set sometime before ESB with him just brutalizing his way through a contract?! Like Punisher style but in SW canon from the good trilogy era.

There's a Boba Fett movie already in development, and I assume it also explores more about Jango Fett.  I still don't get why so many people hate Attack of the Clones; Jango was one of the highlights of the entire series for me.  Much better than anything Boba ever did from the later films.  Hardcore fans like me like Boba Fett just because his costume looks cool and has the cool accessories like the jet pack, rope launcher, wrist laser, etc...he never did much of anything to deserve the admiration he gets.

I can envision an entire film centered around Jango and his decision to allow himself to be cloned that continues on and probably focuses upon Boba's life.  Temuera Morrison is still only 57, so he should be able to still play both roles with a little makeup and/or CGI since Jango is older in Episode II and Boba should be approaching that age by Episodes V and VI.

Edited by fantastic_four

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

There's a Boba Fett movie already in development, and I assume it also explores more about Jango Fett.  I still don't get why so many people hate Attack of the Clones; Jango was one of the highlights of the entire series for me.  Much better than anything Boba ever did from the later films.  Hardcore fans like me like Boba Fett just because his costume looks cool and has the cool accessories like the jet pack, rope launcher, wrist laser, etc...he never did much of anything to deserve the admiration he gets.

I can envision an entire film centered around Jango and his decision to allow himself to be cloned that continues on and probably focuses upon Boba's life.  Temuera Morrison is still only 57, so he should be able to still play both roles with a little makeup and/or CGI since Jango is older in Episode II and Boba should be approaching that age by Episodes V and VI.

See, i hopes its just pure Boba. And he also was cool in the Cartoon's (Holiday special and Droids) if i remember correctly. Plus he just floated off with the garbage and tracked down solo and almost broke the rebellion. Id love to see That, you can probably have temura play him still or maybe even Daniel Logan (im sure he would appreciate the work).  Throw in some cameo's from Jeremy Bulloch, Austin, Beers, and all the other living Boba's and it would be just perfect.

Darth Maul went though a few different early looks and they ended up using some of them. The Nightsisters from the Clone Wars cartoon were taken from Darth Maul's early artwork. 

Say what you want about the Clone Wars cartoon, but it had some amazing storylines that got increasingly darker as the seasons progressed. Its extremely well received by fans for a reason. (Darth Maul had some great storylines also in both cartoons)

http://lucasfilm.com/star-wars-the-clone-wars

Edited by Rip

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Although it is the worst of the films, I still look back somewhat fondly at Episode I for a lot of reasons:

• The main one is Darth Maul, the coolest Star Wars villain EVER.  Not the best, just the coolest.  He could have become the best if Lucas hadn't killed him so fast.
  • Darth Sidious is awesome.  Ian McDiarmid is really likable in the role and great at sounding over-the-top evil.  He's one of the worst in terms of physical performance with a saber, but his voice acting is among the finest of all the films.  I can hear him coldly saying "Wipe them out...all of them" in my head anytime I think of that movie.
  • Qui-Gonn is likable.  Liam Neeson really hated working with George Lucas and has said so many times after the film, but I thought he did fine in that movie.  I hated seeing him die.
  • Ewan MacGregor did a really fine job as Obi-Wan, although that's true in all of the prequels.
  • Most of all, it came into existence years after we all assumed there wouldn't be any more Star Wars films.  It kept hope alive.  :headbang:

100 percent agree. Best new Star Wars character in last 20 years.

1c1f30e86dc9bb6616d284181512376e_xl.jpg

29 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I LOVE Clone Wars.  I've still got a ton of episodes left, and after that Rebels.  :cloud9:

All the reason why Star Wars can survive without the original members.

To the younger generation like my son we find Clone Wars and the videogames was his Star Wars.

I feel a lot of his generation feels the same way.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

32 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I would put Clone Wars almost at the level with Batman The Animated Series as all time best cartoon.

Without a doubt. I would put the 4 part Carnage of Krell episodes or The Wrong Jedi as good or even better. For a kids show it was unquestionably adult and dark. Amazing this was on Cartoon network.

Edited by Rip

14 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Hardcore fans like me like Boba Fett just because his costume looks cool and has the cool accessories like the jet pack, rope launcher, wrist laser, etc...he never did much of anything to deserve the admiration he gets.

He talked smack to Vader and Vader also pointed at Boba to make it clear that he wanted them ALIVE!! NO disintergrations!! :)