• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That meme was directed at EVERYONE who has pointlessly ballooned this thread by 5+ pages over the last 24 hours in the thread including Gower.  I've had Chuck Gower on relaxed mental ignore for years along with the other dozen or so forum members who insist on framing every discussion as a debate.

‘Relaxed Mental Ignore’. LOL. That’s a good one.

What is it your still butthurt about from... 7-8 years ago? 

Just put me on ignore there, slugger, if it pains you that much to read my posts. I have plenty of people on ignore and it makes the forum so much easier to navigate. 

It wont hurt my feelings, I’ll still be able to read YOURS. Generally I find we’re usually on the same side of a topic, but, whatever it was I disagreed with you about from 7-8 years ago, I guess was bad enough it’s stuck with you.

Me, I like to discuss things. I like to debate things. I like to think. Some people can hang, some people can’t. But if you don’t like it, that’s tough. 

I didn’t come here to intellectually jerk off people who agree with me. I came here hoping for some intellectually stimulating  conversation about comics and pop culture. 

But gol dang, if I didn’t find a whole bucha glass houses. 

I’m not TRYING to step on toes. Odds are if you go back and find whatever it was I did or said, I’d most likely agree I was a little aggressive or whatever and say, sorry.

It’s just words. It’s just a discussion. It’s suppossed to be fun. I personally LIKE it when someone gives me a good challenge - this guy zamlau or whatever - I didn’t agree with anything he said - but we volleyed great on the points - and then...

YOU gave him a reason to disrespect me with your silly meme.

Because that’s what you meant was disrespect. 

If anyone is guilty of anything in this thread it’s YOUR condescension toward people you weren’t even in the conversation with. 

Who the h-e-double-toothpick do you think you are?

Got a point for the conversation? Join in. Otherwise, take your holier than thou ideas of how I should personally post and stick it. 

13 hours ago, RedRaven said:

*In the style of Sam Elliot* There's some mighty twisted knickers in this here thread. 

And a lot of minds REEEEEAALLLYYYY close to being changed.  Just another dozen or so pages of masterdebation per day about TLJ should tip the fence-sitters over to one side or the other!  :tonofbricks:

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

And a lot of minds REEEEEAALLLYYYY close to being changed.  Just another dozen or so pages of masterdebation per day about TLJ should tip the fence-sitters over to one side or the other!  :tonofbricks:

Someone wasting his time to lecture others about his opinion that they're wasting their time.  Such sweet irony.

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Someone wasting his time to lecture others about his opinion that they're wasting their time.  Such sweet irony.

Exactly. If it’s such a waste of time, why is he wasting his time telling everyone?

And if it’s such a waste of time, why should he have to tell everyone?

Truth is, he’s one of these pompous forum blowhards that think they lord over everyone and have the final say.  

If anyone has their knickers in a bunch it’s him. HE’S the one jumping into a conversation to tell us we shouldn’t be having it. Like who TF is this guy?

7 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Lighten up, Francis.

lol 

Straighten your knickers, junkie....

The Last Jedi was the worst movie that I've ever payed money to see.

It's up there with Punisher: War Zone, which I didn't get past the first 10 minutes, because of how bad it is.

Edit: As far as Episode IX is concerned, JJ Abrams is directing, and Mark Hamill is considering appearing (despite previously saying that he's done with Star Wars). There is faith...

Edited by TwoPiece

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

As far as Episode IX is concerned, JJ Abrams is directing, and Mark Hamill is considering appearing (despite previously saying that he's done with Star Wars). There is faith...

Are you saying Mark Hamill is your new hope? hm

:whatthe:

You guys ares till talking about this turd of a movie?

Just let it go. It was enough for me that the people involved lost a potential $1B.

It's nonsense to believe Disney has the mindset that VII made $2B when only expected to make $1B, so it's ok VIII only made $1B.

They don't save it in a "disappointments bank" for withdrawals. lol

11 hours ago, I like pie said:

:whatthe:

You guys ares till talking about this turd of a movie?

Just let it go. It was enough for me that the people involved lost a potential $1B.

It's nonsense to believe Disney has the mindset that VII made $2B when only expected to make $1B, so it's ok VIII only made $1B.

They don't save it in a "disappointments bank" for withdrawals. lol

True.  I remember that time that I bought a book for $0.50 and I hoped to sell it for $2, but I only sold it for $1 and I cried and cried and my shareholders just gave up.

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

True.  I remember that time that I bought a book for $0.50 and I hoped to sell it for $2, but I only sold it for $1 and I cried and cried and my shareholders just gave up.

Right. You can shrug off losing a potential dollar. A bit harder to swallow 1 billion. I don't think anyone is losing their job but they certainly weren't popping the champagne corks off.

58 minutes ago, I like pie said:
1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Right. You can shrug off losing a potential dollar. A bit harder to swallow 1 billion. I don't think anyone is losing their job but they certainly weren't popping the champagne corks off.

Unless they had already spent that additional billion dollars like Enron or something, there never was another billion and there's no damage from not getting the extra billion.  If they spent $500M and made $1B then this "loser" of a movie still did a lot better than Disney's standard 15% ROI. https://csimarket.com/stocks/DIS-Return-on-Investment-ROI.html

The definition of bias is comparing Episode VII's box office to Episode VIII's box office knowing that Episode V was a dropoff from IV and II was a dropoff from I.  Everyone knew it would be a dropoff, the question was how much.  Turns out the international dropoff from VII to VIII adjusted for inflation was about the same as the other two trilogies.

Edited by fantastic_four

I like all three prequels, particularly Revenge of the Sith.  Most people seemed bored by the focus on Palpatine's political maneuvering, but I enjoyed it.  And I REALLY love Ian McDiarmid's acting as Palpatine.  It was slightly melodramatic, but it mostly worked well for that character.  My favorite two moments in ALL the films are still Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn and Yoda vs. Dooku.  Third is Vader clearing out that hallway at the end of Rogue One.

Edited by fantastic_four