• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Nice hyperbole. Hundreds of people still equates to thousands of dollars. You don't have to be a jack wagon. I'm guessing that you're one of those folks who thinks their/everyone's "1 vote" doesn't matter. All it takes is 1 person to start and influence a revelation. Am I starting one? Probably not, but I'll do my part to voice my "outrage" for a crappy movie that kills enthusiasm for a franchise.

Thousands.  Literally thousands.  Sorry to break it to you Che, but a billion $+ movie won’t even blink if your little harem sits out Episode 9.

Edited by mattn792

25 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Thousands.  Literally thousands.  Sorry to break it to you Che, but a billion $+ movie won’t even blink if your little harem sits out Episode 9.

It's funny that you think I'm the only one who spreads the word of how good/bad a movie is. Sorry to break it to you, jabroni, but fanboys like you won't keep a broken franchise alive if they know they can break a billion dollars by not making crappy movies.

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

It's funny that you think I'm the only one who spreads the word of how good/bad a movie is. Sorry to break it to you, jabroni, but fanboys like you won't keep a broken franchise alive if they know they can break a billion dollars by not making crappy movies.

“Broken franchise”, that’s funny.  I very much hated VIII, if you read any of the previous pages of this thread you’d know that.  Unlike you though, I’m pragmatic enough to know my opinion won’t make a shade of difference in the grand scheme of the Star Wars franchise.  The brand is going to keep printing money for the foreseeable future.

22 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

“Broken franchise”, that’s funny.  I very much hated VIII, if you read any of the previous pages of this thread you’d know that.  Unlike you though, I’m pragmatic enough to know my opinion won’t make a shade of difference in the grand scheme of the Star Wars franchise.  The brand is going to keep printing money for the foreseeable future.

I didn't read the 80+ pages of this thread. Couldn't care less about them. You must also think that your votes don't count. You're wrong on both fronts.

If Episode IX sucks I would bet big money that they don't make a billion dollars on a single movie ever again (if they even make that much on 9 itself). If it's good, it'll revitalize the interest in the franchise for a lot of older generations. They're more wealthy than the ones they bred.

Warner Bros made good money on Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice. The reason they're half-rebooting the DC Worlds is because they know Batman and Superman are billion-dollar franchises. They're not "settling" for $700 million properties. That's the point.

54 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I didn't read the 80+ pages of this thread. Couldn't care less about them. -- Then you're lazy.

You must also think that your votes don't count. -- Come live in Illinois for a few years.

You're wrong on both fronts. -- Nah, I'm right.

If Episode IX sucks I would bet big money that they don't make a billion dollars on a single movie ever again (if they even make that much on 9 itself). -- 9 and beyond will have ten figure box offices.

If it's good, it'll revitalize the interest in the franchise for a lot of older generations. They're more wealthy than the ones they bred.  -- Us old folks aren't Disney's target audience, and I fail to see how having a six figure IRA is a prerequisite for theater admission.

Warner Bros made good money on Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice. The reason they're half-rebooting the DC Worlds is because they know Batman and Superman are billion-dollar franchises. They're not "settling" for $700 million properties. That's the point.  -- Dawn of Justice netted $105.7 mil (deadline.com), Justice League is estimated at anywhere from a $100 million loss to a SMALL profit (depending on the source).  Warner is half-booting because the recent movies outside of Wonder Woman both suck and are financial disasters.  Episode VIII only meets one of those two criteria.

Edited by mattn792
VIII, not 9

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

This. Exactly. 

10 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I'm not sure what your native language is, but "couldn't care less" does not equal "lazy".

You're wrong.

Let me know what year you traveled to the past from.

You fail to see a lot of things, so that doesn't surprise me.

Your number sources are so wrong that you don't even have concrete numbers.

I love that you consider your conjecture and opinions facts. I'd also love to know what your definition of "financial disaster" is because I don't see the relevance unless you're talking about a Star Wars movie (Solo) settling in the 'breaking even, to, barely making a profit' bracket.

If Episode IX sucks, I find it likely that it will be a "financial disaster".

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm not sure what your native language is, but "couldn't care less" does not equal "lazy". - Malaise is no excuse for lack of background knowledge.

Let me know what year you traveled to the past from.  - 2031.

You fail to see a lot of things, so that doesn't surprise me.  - See above.  I see ALL...

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I didn't read the 80+ pages of this thread. Couldn't care less about them.

Do you also not care about your own posts in those 80+ pages, or is it just every other forum member's posts you couldn't care less about?  hm

Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... Not my fight... 

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Oh, hey look!

Disney’s just renewed Kathleen Kennedy’s contract for another three years.

Sorry, nerds - Episode VIII was awesome. And Disney, apparently, recognizes that.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I don't think anyone thought she would be fired. They certainly didn't extend her contract on the success of the least popular(general movie-goer)Star Wars movie to date.

9 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

I don't think anyone thought she would be fired. They certainly didn't extend her contract on the success of the least popular(general movie-goer)Star Wars movie to date.

Umm...that was Solo.

Last Jedi made $620+ million domestic.