• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

And here I thought you were the ultimate Star Wars know-it-all.

Luke was supposed to have a sister but it wasn't Leigha and Lucas didn't write the entire trilogy as it is ten years before he filmed it - that's just ridiculous.

George Lucas wrote scripts for 9 episodes in college... And her name is Leia...

16 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

You have no problem making sexist derogatory remarks against a character that is female. Noted.

"by way of being strong in The Force, despite having no genetic advantage, and no formal training."

No. All the facts haven't been provided. The story isn't over, and SPECIFICALLY, the story of why she is as strong as she is hasn't been addressed - but WILL. So saying you don't have all the facts is NOT conjecture - it is fact. You DON'T. Deciding you know the answer without HAVING all the facts is conjecture.

And your evidence is..? None, gotcha. The Last Jedi story has been told. It's over, and it sucks.

15 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

There's a whole new generation of Star Wars fans who don't see it that way. They were entertained by the movie. It's all about how old you were and what movie you first saw. You LIKE the prequels. Because you saw them when you were growing up. Many original Star Wars fans see them as terrible and having tainted the world of Star Wars that THEY has created in their minds (much like you're doing here). 

Midi-chlorians? Jar Jar Binks? Boba Fett a clone? The gigantic plot holes? Chewbacca's home world? R2D2 being the most over used character in the series? The bad writing? The Bad Acting? The Political nonsense? The bad romance? Sniveling Anakin? Overblown CGI? The cause of the original triology re-edits?

And if the Jedi are so smart, how is it they couldn't figure out the most dangerous Sith in the Universe was in the same building as them all that time?

That was a George Lucas TRILOGY of bad movies, not a single Rian Johnson film.

Obvious strawman is obvious.

The Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie AINEC.

9 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I wish I could share the conviction that J.J. will do a great job with the next film but I just can’t get there. 

While I’ve never felt the need to pick one franchise over the other, if pressed I’d have to say I’m slightly more of a Trek Original Series fan. 

Not too impressed overall with what J.J. did with that franchise. 

The first Trek reboot film felt like Trek’s greatest hits; Into Darkness was a straight-up mash-up remake of Space Seed and TWOK. None of it seemed terribly original. 

He’s got talent. What’s frustrating for me about TFA is he did a great job of recapturing the tone of the first trilogy, much more so than the prequels. 

But Star Wars didn’t need a reboot, soft or otherwise. Making the TFA plot pretty much a retelling of ANH just seems creatively lazy to me. 

And since Johnson hit several of the main story beats from ESB and ROTJ I’m not sure J.J.’s going to be able to pull it off without being repetitive. 

I hate Star Trek other than the Abrams Trilogy (I know he didn't direct the 3rd film). I've tried watching old TV/movies many times and was always beyond bored. I don't know how you people can do it.

Abrams is our only hope. He can pull it off. Will he? We'll know in about 13 months...

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I hate Star Trek other than the Abrams Trilogy (I know he didn't direct the 3rd film). I've tried watching old TV/movies many times and was always beyond bored. I don't know how you people can do it.

Abrams is our only hope. He can pull it off. Will he? We'll know in about 13 months...

Abrams came up with magic Khan blood for his sophmore effort with Star Trek. Ruined the entire movie. Don’t be shocked if episode nine disappoints you too.

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Abrams came up with magic Khan blood for his sophmore effort with Star Trek. Ruined the entire movie. Don’t be shocked if episode nine disappoints you too.

I was gonna say, "I could never be lower on Star Wars than I am now", but, before The Last Jedi I thought that Star Wars could never be worse than Episode I, so...

4 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

George Lucas wrote scripts for 9 episodes in college... And her name is Leia...

Read the Dark Horse mini-series Comic 'The Star Wars' featuring Lucas' original -script or read the original screenplay of the Empire Strikes Back' (based on Lucas' draft).

Not only is Luke's twin sister mentioned, who he's never met (he's already met Leigh with no mention of their heritage), but Darth Vader isn't even his father. When Luke meets a spirit of his father on Dagobah, they have this conversation:

Skywalker: You’ve grown well, Luke, I’m proud of you. Did your uncle ever speak to you about your sister?
Luke: My sister? I have a sister? But why didn’t Uncle Owen?
S: It was my request. When I saw the Empire closing in, I sent you both away for your own safety, far apart from each other.
L: Where is she? What’s her name?
S: If I were to tell you, Darth Vader could get that information from your mind and use her as a hostage. Not yet, Luke. When it’s time…
Luke. Will you take, from me, the oath of a Jedi knight?

Later, during their showdown, Luke and Darth have THIS conversation:

Darth: You’re in love with Leia. You don’t want to lose her to Han Solo…but you will, if you lack the courage to use the strength that’s in you. A strength as great as mine, Luke. If you join with me, nothing can stand against us.
Luke: What about the Empire?
D: The Empire is a passing phase. We would rule instead. You and I. The Emperor is a harsh master. You would not be. You could restore the peace, put a stop to the killing. How much good you could do, Luke! Don’t be afraid. Reach out, grasp the stars. They’re yours for the taking.

And eventually Darth says:

You don’t stand a chance against me…No more than your Father did, anyway.

Very disappointed that a know it all like you is completely unaware of this. Then again, in your delusion you believed online bloggers about what was going behind the scenes, so... I shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Chuck Gower

And your evidence is..? None, gotcha. The Last Jedi story has been told. It's over, and it sucks.

Wow, basic concepts of reasoning beyond your grasp. I'm sorry you are again tragically owned in this debate, but no matter how you twist it, you are incorrect here. The entire story arc is NOT over. Fact.

Just now, Chuck Gower said:

Wow, basic concepts of reasoning beyond your grasp. I'm sorry you are again tragically owned in this debate, but no matter how you twist it, you are incorrect here. The entire story arc is NOT over. Fact.

The Last Jedi is over. I suppose that fact is lost among the delusion that you're correct in this discussion.

According to what? All of the information is available online. It's all out there. Try reading some factual information instead of nerd blogs of Star Wars dorks who'll never go a date.

You've failed to source your baseless assumptions, so you're reiterating what, exactly..?

Obvious strawman is obvious.

The Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie AINEC.

Again, you are incorrect, with no facts to back it up. It didn't make the least amount of money, and it wasn't the lowest rated.

It's just YOUR opinion. And no matter how loud you yell it or how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true.

Again, you are incorrect, with no facts to back it up. It didn't make the least amount of money, and it wasn't the lowest rated.

It's just YOUR opinion. And no matter how loud you yell it or how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true.

Really? Lowest film-to-film gross ever is not factual? The backlash that Solo had to endure is not factual? Johnson losing his trilogy is not factual? Wow, your ignorance level is over 9,000.

The Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie AINEC.

You've presented nothing but opinion - you have NOTHING but opinion. I've presented facts.

You lose.

Just because you choose to ignore the facts, while posting strawmen, and inferring nothing but assumptions, does not make another "lose"...