• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

It is worn out. I was expecting a different approach with VII and instead we get what feels like a rehash of IV.

That is my opinion.

It's an opinion shared by others. I enjoyed Rogue One more then Force Awakens, which I have not rewatched after seeing it in the theatres. It was a decent popcorn movie, but not worth the wait and hype we all had to endure.

Which is a shame, because Star Wars Clone Wars/Rebels has taken a more interesting tack on fleshing out parts of the SW universe that were largely unexplored, or touched upon only in novels. It just seems to me the sooner they are done with the Skywalker saga, the better we as Star Wars fans will actually be served.

Agreed... BTW... I JUST started watching the animated Clone Wars and I must say I am quite impressed. I am up to Season 1 Episode 17.

It gets better if you already like it.

It is worn out. I was expecting a different approach with VII and instead we get what feels like a rehash of IV.

That is my opinion.

It's an opinion shared by others. I enjoyed Rogue One more then Force Awakens, which I have not rewatched after seeing it in the theatres. It was a decent popcorn movie, but not worth the wait and hype we all had to endure.

Which is a shame, because Star Wars Clone Wars/Rebels has taken a more interesting tack on fleshing out parts of the SW universe that were largely unexplored, or touched upon only in novels. It just seems to me the sooner they are done with the Skywalker saga, the better we as Star Wars fans will actually be served.

Agreed... BTW... I JUST started watching the animated Clone Wars and I must say I am quite impressed. I am up to Season 1 Episode 17.

Starting with the third season it really gets great. Especially after they update and age the characters a bit.

That is my opinion.

I am enjoying it quite a bit. Each episode is only 23-24 minutes so they fly by. I like the overall story telling though. Way... more than I expected.

The whole franchise has been worn out

2 movies to go, lets get it over with and move on to something cool

You'll probably be subjected to the release of 6 to 8 Star Wars movies every decade until you're in the ground.

I hope so. :wishluck:

People are noticing the titles of the new trilogy (so far) form a sentence: "The force awakens the last jedi..."

So, what should the title of episode 9 be to complete the sentence? Someone on twitter suggested "from his nap."

"To Seek Justice"

"To Avenge the Galaxy"

"To Battle the Dark Side"

"To Restore Hope"

"In a Time of Need"

"In Dark Times"

Edited by rjrjr

People are noticing the titles of the new trilogy (so far) form a sentence: "The force awakens the last jedi..."

So, what should the title of episode 9 be to complete the sentence? Someone on twitter suggested "from his nap."

...to play badminton.

...so they can watch "La La Land".

...to make a beer run.

...to make America Great Again!

...for a "quickie".

...so he can make the force some bacon.

...because he peed the bed.

...to add these quotes to a meme.

This was an interesting youtube video.

While I no fan of the prequels I do agree that Hayden Christensen's force ghost should return. I never thought he was a bad actor, but just had bad guidance in those prequels.

Let's face it Darth Vader is paramount in Star Wars and fans want to see him.

What do you guys think?

6 hours ago, Foley said:

Not Episode VIII related, but Michael Kenneth Williams (The Wire, Boardwalk Empire) has been cast in the upcoming Han Solo film. 

http://www.starwars.com/news/michael-kenneth-williams-joins-young-han-solo-film

I think he's a talented actor, and a good addition.

I definitely agree, but this should be in the Han Solo Anthology thread. MKW was great in both The Wire & Boardwalk Empire. I wish Assassin's Creed had done better at the BO, cause I was looking forward to seeing more of his characters development there as well.

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

I definitely agree, but this should be in the Han Solo Anthology thread. MKW was great in both The Wire & Boardwalk Empire. I wish Assassin's Creed had done better at the BO, cause I was looking forward to seeing more of his characters development there as well.

My bad, I didn't realize there was a Han Anthology thread. Thanks for the heads up.