• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

It's time for the Jedi to end.  :sumo:

There has been a theory that Star wars is looking to make the force more grey as opposed to light and dark, and that this may be the path to achieving balance in the Force.  Rebels has been exploring this idea with Bentu as well as Ashoka (white light sabers) and her specifically saying she is not a Jodi.  The idea being the Sith and Jewish idea is outdated,  and that is what Luke Menasha about the end of the Jedi.   Individual force users must be in balance.

Well here's hoping that Kylo Ren  turns out to be a real villain, and not some cutesy, easily lead, whiny brat. Or perhaps Snopes turns out to be the real nemesis, killing everyone and being a badass. You know what's missing from ADULT films? Some really bad mofo's.

Walking Dead has been trying, but missed the mark with Negan. Can't think of any recent films where a villain has really stood out to me. Especially in the Star Wars cannon. Vader from the 4-6 episodes was pretty good, but of course petered out. I think the animated show did a much better portrayal of Sidious than the films ever could.

I'm hoping for a 'Yoda taking off cloak and powering up lightsaber' moment from Snopes. I am really wishing hard he turns out to be the badass this franchise has been lacking far too long.

Don't you guys think that they are just rehashing the first three movies with Rey and Kylo Ren being split up? 

My theory on who Rey is and why she was shipped off

Spoiler

I think she's Han and Leia's 2nd child who would have been about 6 when Kylo Ren went to the dark side forcing her to be shipped to another planet and hidden.  I think that's why he wanted to know about "the girl" who helped BB-8 escape, and why he was scared of her.  He knew she was his other half, his family/sister, just as powerful, and had to be as much on the light side of the force as he was on the dark side of it to balance it.  He wanted to influence her before she could receive any training.

It is very clear in the movie that Han knows who she is and spills the beans to Maz while Rey is being drawn to the lightsaber.  Well, that was my take on why Maz suddenly knows so much about her when she goes down into the basement of the castle and talks with Rey and tells her the lightsaber is her property.

Just my theory.  More than likely I'm wrong.

Edited by Lucky Baru

Anybody nervous that Mark Hamill remarks are actually troubling for our expectations of this movie?

What scares me the most is when Mark Hamill at Star Wars celebration (starting @2:34) starts talking and then Kathleen Kenneday cuts him off, and Mark says sarcastically, "well that's good to hear."  :/

I am also nervous because it's seem Kathleen Kennedy is under fire from fans after her comments about what she wants.  

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-movies-catering-male-fanbase-kathleen-kennedy/

6 hours ago, nWo_22 said:

Anybody nervous that Mark Hamill remarks are actually troubling for our expectations of this movie?

What scares me the most is when Mark Hamill at Star Wars celebration (starting @2:34) starts talking and then Kathleen Kenneday cuts him off, and Mark says sarcastically, "well that's good to hear."  :/

I am also nervous because it's seem Kathleen Kennedy is under fire from fans after her comments about what she wants.  

Hopefully taken out of context?

9 hours ago, nWo_22 said:

I was thinking about this too, but I think it is a just a fake controversy to get us talking.

I don't think the House of Mouse would be letting Mark talk bad about it & this isn't the only time.

He said Daisy & him had big reservations about the story but he trusts the director.

I smell Bantha poop

On 6/2/2017 at 9:10 PM, comics4all said:

I was thinking about this too, but I think it is a just a fake controversy to get us talking.

I don't think the House of Mouse would be letting Mark talk bad about it & this isn't the only time.

He said Daisy & him had big reservations about the story but he trusts the director.

I smell Bantha poop

This is not exactly the kind of controversy a studio wants though.  Early leaks of problems with the story has a tendency to turn off movie goers.