• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
4 4

1,799 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Most likely.

This is the thing. There is going to be a Star Wars movie every year now, some of these die hards act like it will be another 32 year wait for the next installment.

Every year, plus the live action show coming in 2019 stuff will be added, so they can't give away all their secrets and plots in just one movie like they did way back 30 plus years ago in the 1980s.

They got to save stuff for the future installments.

They're gonna run the franchise into the ground. Without Luke, Leia and Han, Star Wars will only have limited interest from the GA. No one went to see TFA because of Rey or Finn. It was because of one shot in the trailer: "Chewie, we're home".

41 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

In fact Last Jedi was better to me than Return of the Jedi. No silly Ewoks!

tenor.gif.bc3562c8b8868df96268052da6961298.gif

This is a 'thing' now??

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi': John Mayer Takes "Kylo Ren Challenge" by Posing Shirtless in High-Waisted Pants

tji8hkG.png

Star Wars: The Last Jedi has inspired audiences in plenty of ways in the weeks since its release, but John Mayer's latest Instagram post might be among the most amusing. The singer recently shared a photo of him standing shirtless and in high-waisted pants, which you can check out below. Mayer captioned the photo #KyloRenChallenge, a reference to the character's shirtless scene in The Last Jedi.

The #KyloRenChallenge has caught on quite a bit since Mayer posted his photo, with various people recreating the shirtless pose on their Instagram. And ultimately, fans don't seem too surprised by the trend, considering the response that Kylo's shirtless scene has gotten.

54 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

They're gonna run the franchise into the ground. Without Luke, Leia and Han, Star Wars will only have limited interest from the GA. No one went to see TFA because of Rey or Finn. It was because of one shot in the trailer: "Chewie, we're home".

This is precisely why it is important for Disney to kill off the main 3 original characters.  The story for those 3 characters has been told.  Disney wants to move forward even if it means losing a few old fans who just want the original 3 heroes.  I'm sure they will pick up more fans than they lose with the recent trilogy.  They did with the prequels, despite all the belly aching about those movies.  Someone is buying all the toys and merchandise and it isn't just old fans.

Running the franchise in the ground would be them just telling stories about the original 3 heroes, ala Star Trek.  I don't want to see geriatric versions of Han, Leia, and Luke movie after movie.  The actors are too old and the Star Trek crew looked silly in the end.  (Scotty knocking himself out by hitting his head on his own ship. :facepalm:)

Luke I can see sticking around, but that is now moot.  I liked the sendoff.  And I'm positive we will see him as a Force ghost.

Edited by rjrjr

48 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

Poe will be the big star in the end over those two,plus Rey is quitting the series after the next one.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/daisy-ridley-star-wars-no-more-after-episode-9-1202627235/

When “Star Wars: Episode IX” hits theaters in 2019, star Daisy Ridley expects it to be the third and final time she portrays her character Rey.

“I am really, really excited to do the third thing and round it out, because ultimately, what I was signing on to was three films,” she told Rolling Stone. “So in my head, it’s three films. I think it will feel like the right time to round it out.”

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I have not seen the movie yet and likely will not now that the holiday break is over, but my guess is that the whole Rey as a nobody theme will be debunked in the next film as just a mind-trick by Fuglo Ren. While I hope that she is a descendant of Obi-Wan as a nice twist (he had a love interest in the Clone Wars cartoon), she will likely be a Skywalker. That way the new trilogy can have its not as surprising "I am your father" like reveal moment.

The surprise will be the New Order surviving the next movie and not repeating the mistakes of ROTJ.  That way, they can continue the movies for a long, long time.  Disney is in this for the long haul.

Rey being a nobody was perfect IMHO.  The Skywalker's had their time and their story was told in Episode 1 - 9.  I'm still having a hard time fathoming why people want these movies to just rehash the original trilogy?  I agree with a previous poster, the mistakes wasn't this movie, it was TFA.  It should never had opened up questions that were not important.  How disappointing would it have been if this movie followed the same storyline of ESB after TFA was a rehash of Star Wars?  I am so glad they decided to go a different direction.  I will be disappointed if JJ Abrams reverses all that and puts Star Wars back into a box after it just got out of it.

To me, a perfect ending to this trilogy would be if the NO wins.  They do wipe out the remaining Resistance.  That will make the ending of TLJ that much more important.  A new generation of heroes will need to rise and regroup and restore freedom to the galaxy.  A hero from Canto Blight joined by others.

Edited by rjrjr

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I liked it better than all the prequels as well.

In fact Last Jedi was better to me than Return of the Jedi. No silly Ewoks!

Yeah, sad to see my favorite old characters go,but these new adventures are fun.

I absolutely love Rogue One.

If Star Wars can consistently give me movies like Rogue One than sign me up.

rogue-one-star-wars-deleted-scenes.jpg

I started watching it again last night.

I liked it the first time I saw it, but didn't love it.

This time, I absolutely loved it!

An amazing, if somewhat underrated movie in the franchise.

37 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Poe will be the big star in the end over those two,plus Rey is quitting the series after the next one.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/daisy-ridley-star-wars-no-more-after-episode-9-1202627235/

When “Star Wars: Episode IX” hits theaters in 2019, star Daisy Ridley expects it to be the third and final time she portrays her character Rey.

“I am really, really excited to do the third thing and round it out, because ultimately, what I was signing on to was three films,” she told Rolling Stone. “So in my head, it’s three films. I think it will feel like the right time to round it out.”

She always struck me as a smart actress, who wants to grow into more mature roles (I would love to see her play the governess in a "Turn of the Screw" adaptation.)

I don't see her doing many more green screen movies immediately unless they dump a dump truck load of money in her backyard (do they do that?) hm 

31 minutes ago, rjrjr said:

To me, a perfect ending to this trilogy would be if the NO wins.  They do wipe out the remaining Resistance.  That will make the ending of TLJ that much more important.  A new generation of heroes will need to rise and regroup and restore freedom to the galaxy.  A hero from Canto Blight joined by others.

(thumbsu 

Blaming the force awakens for setting up questions of Snoke and Rey’s lineage (reason the light saber calls to her) seems a bit much 

let’s blame Lucas for creating this world a long long time ago where Jedi and Sith have specific rules for eons and eons

I don’t understand how defending this movie has to result in tearing down everything that came before it

how is this the “true” Star Wars movie if it’s the last one in the series (so far)

some of you need to rethink your logic in the defense of this film. You make it seem like the only way Disney could move forward in the franchise is to make these only moves. That they had no choice. Lucas and Abrams left them no choice

:facepalm: 

Hey Luke your far too critical to the movie and the fans so we are going to take you down a notch. Make you a complete tool and in the end make it right by having you show your ability to project yourself across the entire galaxy. Trust us. It’s the only option we have moving forward. You need to go and make room for the next set of heroes and action figures

The opening of the Force awakens

"Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed. 

With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is desperate to find her brother Luke and gain his help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy. 

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke's whereabouts...."

the whole basis of the movie is to find Luke. Everything in TFA is set up for the big moment at the end of Rey handing the lightsaber to Luke, the Last Jedi.

JJ is a complete doosh for setting it up that way if Luke wasn’t going to be significant in any way. Thank god Rian Johnson saved the franchise by making some young stable boy a potential Jedi, giving us Rose to save and teach Finn the meaning of sacrifice.  Or showing Poe how to be a true leader and not a hot shot pilot.

without Rian Johnson restructuring all these characters we’d be left with nothing to look forward to in episode 9

Hip hip hooray!

Edited by jsilverjanet

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Blaming the force awakens for setting up questions of Snoke and Rey’s lineage (reason the light saber calls to her) seems a bit much 

let’s blame Lucas for creating this world a long long time ago where Jedi and Sith have specific rules for eons and eons

I don’t understand how defending this movie has to result in tearing down everything that came before it

how is this the “true” Star Wars movie if it’s the last one in the series (so far)

some of you need to rethink your logic in the defense of this film. You make it seem like the only way Disney could move forward in the franchise is to make these only moves. That they had no choice. Lucas and Abrams left them no choice

:facepalm: 

I am not defending the movie.  I've explained why I like it.  I'm just having a conversation with others who seem interested in having a conversation.

Edited by rjrjr

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

The opening of the Force awakens

"Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed. 

With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is desperate to find her brother Luke and gain his help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy. 

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke's whereabouts...."

the whole basis of the movie is to find Luke. Everything in TFA is set up for the big moment at the end of Rey handing the lightsaber to Luke, the Last Jedi.

JJ is a complete doosh for setting it up that way if Luke wasn’t going to be significant in any way. Thank god Rian Johnson saved the franchise by making some young stable boy a potential Jedi, giving us Rose to save and teach Finn the meaning of sacrifice.  Or showing Poe how to be a true leader and not a hot shot pilot.

without Rian Johnson restructuring all these characters we’d be left with nothing to look forward to in episode 9

Hip hip hooray!

This is one place we disagree.  Luke was significant in TLJ.  He had plenty of screen time.  You just didn't like how they used the character and I did.

Edited by rjrjr

I think the writer/director is a hack and made a terrible movie. My critique has nothing to do with Star Wars but as a critique of a second movie in a trilogy (a movie with a set up for a third movie and as a follow up to the first) it’s lazy, misdirected (humor) and poorly put together (too long)

this movie is as bad as Matrix 2