STAR WARS : Episode VIII December 15, 2017
6 6

1,803 posts in this topic

30,072 posts
3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I like how nostalgia is a factor and then it isn’t a factor for all these points made for this movie.

this movie may not have the single greatest box office but it certainly has the great number of excuses by those who claimed they liked the movie

lots of excuses, to be sure, but it lags far behind the excuses from the d.c. crowd when another d.c.e.u. movie bombs with the critics [and people, with jl].

29,206 posts

I think we all know why JL under performed and I think we probably are in agreement (those who liked the movie and those who didn’t)

the movie was cut shorter than had to be by the studio making it with the Whedon reshoots a bit incoherent, general public not happy with Snyder style and ultimately the critics score etc

I know you want to make this a DC vs Disney but this movie has people defending decisions made in this movie that goes against what the previous 7 films have created and more importantly it takes everything set up in the previous movie and dismiss it

82,493 posts
20 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

lots of excuses, to be sure, but it lags far behind the excuses from the d.c. crowd when another d.c.e.u. movie bombs with the critics [and people, with jl].

Now come on. The list was pretty straightforward what happened with Justice League.

12 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think we all know why JL under performed and I think we probably are in agreement (those who liked the movie and those who didn’t)

the movie was cut shorter than had to be by the studio making it with the Whedon reshoots a bit incoherent, general public not happy with Snyder style and ultimately the critics score etc

I know you want to make this a DC vs Disney but this movie has people defending decisions made in this movie that goes against what the previous 7 films have created and more importantly it takes everything set up in the previous movie and dismiss it

And there ya go!

And even Gatsby hit on why the lower attendance at the box office. Folks that didn't care for BvS and SS read those critic opinions and bailed on attending. But the majority of those that went gave it a decent score, although recognizing it was flawed.

Now, derail the purpose of this thread and I will send in the Alliance Sloth Bomber Squad utilized in 'The Last Jedi'. They are coming your way - fast! Well, THEIR fast. At least the very last bomber always survives.

DecentPointlessGnu-max-1mb.gif

:baiting:

29,206 posts

The amount of repeat viewings is probably down but won’t be noticeable in this movie. I really think there numbers will be significant in the final chapter unless Abrams pulls a rabbit out of the hat (which I believe he can do) and tie this up nicely 

82,493 posts
2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The amount of repeat viewings is probably down but won’t be noticeable in this movie. I really think there numbers will be significant in the final chapter unless Abrams pulls a rabbit out of the hat (which I believe he can do) and tie this up nicely 

3FF4011100000578-4475460-image-m-26_1493

Luke wakes up in a shower and realizes it was all a dream.

106 posts
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Haven't seen it yet but will check it out. 

Yeah, we are getting that blizzard today. Are you and NH getting it?

I will drive safe. Just hope the power doesn't go out because of high winds expected.

Hey Comicsuer,  It's been a few days, been busy out picking for comics! Hey just came across some old Vampirella mags, You think I should CGC them or what?

28,349 posts
10 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

Hey Comicsuer,  It's been a few days, been busy out picking for comics! Hey just came across some old Vampirella mags, You think I should CGC them or what?

What issues and what condition?

My criteria too slab is are they high grade and are they keys?

Most comic books that are mid grade commons really are not worth slabbing, but that is for the individual to decide and not me.

106 posts
2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

What issues and what condition?

My criteria too slab is are they high grade and are they keys?

Most comic books that are mid grade commons really are not worth slabbing, but that is for the individual to decide and not me.

Ok thanks! I'll take a better look at em this evening. to see what all I got. Some old woman contacted me and had some old magazines. There were some Vampirella's in there among others. The price was so cheap, I never even bothered to look at em yet. lol.

29,206 posts

Don’t derail this derailed movie thread :sumo: 

29,206 posts

I like to think of this movie as the gift that keeps on giving

i can’t wait till some of the scenes make it online so I can keep carpet bombing this thread with the ridiculousness that is this movie 

7,700 posts
55 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I like to think of this movie as the gift that keeps on giving

i can’t wait till some of the scenes make it online so I can keep carpet bombing this thread with the ridiculousness that is this movie 

I'll say it again just in case, teat milking :facepalm:

8,763 posts

I thought this was cool there was different things written on the magnetic bombs

"Han says Hi" "Hi Snoke"

https://twitter.com/poesdameron/status/945746399290732544/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comingsoon.net%2Fmovies%2Ffeatures%2F912301-the-first-star-wars-news-roundup-of-2018

Also sounds like filming is going to start soon for Ep. IX in Scotland. Including Argyll and in the historic mountain pass known as the Rest and Be Thankful
 http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/911613-star-wars-episode-ix-filming-locations-plus-reys-parentage#1ij4SxsoLELp2VAz.99

Edited by Rip

7,700 posts
2 hours ago, CAHokie said:

tenor.gif

:facepalm: embarrassing, teat milking

Edited by Azkaban

13,571 posts
15 hours ago, Azkaban said:

:facepalm: embarrassing, teat milking

It was a metaphor for the last 6 star wars movies.

29,206 posts

It looks like this movie is being dropped down to 1-2 screens in most theatres 

i guess the milk is running low on the teat