• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Magicians

130 posts in this topic

Season 3 is off to a great start so far. I like how they seem to be bringing the group back together to focus on a single, common objective. I've always enjoyed the group dynamics when all/most of the characters are together, rather than the 1-, 2-, or 3-person stories that spin off the main plot.

I like how Eliot is taking a more active role in preserving and defending his kingdom.

And Margo. She's my absolute favorite - one eye and all :luhv:

17 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Another super episode. Though I have to say Alice is now making me think she is not completely changed for the better.

One way or another, those faeries have to pay for their evil ways.

Alice has officially become the wildcard.  Loved that the show had no problems making her actions have immediate and devastating results.

I know it has been said here already.  Margo is a badass.

How many episodes are in this season?  I also heard it may be the final season. Too bad, this show has so much going for it, and deserves to be seen by more people.

I'm trying to catch up with the end of season 2 and I keep kicking myself for putting it on the back burner.  It's really good with a vibe unlike any other show and can't wait to see how season 2 plays out and then move on the Season 3 in a week or so.

Edited by 1Cool

45 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Have to agree, this last episode was even more fun.

I think Margo is going to eat those faeries for breakfast when she is done. Penny was funny when he said, "Dang, girl. You get things done!"

lol

I liked the Margo "I always thought we were going to bang. "

What the show does so amazingly well is jumping from silly and weird like Penny attempting to tackle someone in the beginning, then later the near OD scene with Katie. Or the humor of Elliott's father showing up and then the very dark way he used that appearance. 

Edited by drotto

The writing and acting this season have been great.  Despite the highly serialized nature of the show, each episode manages to somehow stand out with its own character.

Usually a character I take less notice of, but Katie was a big standout this week.  The scenes with her in the hospital were gut wrenching.

Margo as always with the wedding plot.  Her blood spattered faces and reactions to that incident were spot on.

Taking the sometimes uneasy pairing of Quinten and Elliot to that extend really shows how deep their friendship and indeed the friendships of the main cast have become.  But I did like some of the unusual pairing this episode also.

I can't even come close to saying how much I love this show.  The 3rd season episodes crack me up and I can't wait for the next episode to come out.  Must watch tv.

52 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I can't even come close to saying how much I love this show.  The 3rd season episodes crack me up and I can't wait for the next episode to come out.  Must watch tv.

Are you kinda sad you caught up? Can't bing watch more right now.?

Seriously a great show that does not get enough attention.

1 hour ago, drotto said:

The writing and acting this season have been great.  Despite the highly serialized nature of the show, each episode manages to somehow stand out with its own character.

Usually a character I take less notice of, but Katie was a big standout this week.  The scenes with her in the hospital were gut wrenching.

Margo as always with the wedding plot.  Her blood spattered faces and reactions to that incident were spot on.

Taking the sometimes uneasy pairing of Quinten and Elliot to that extend really shows how deep their friendship and indeed the friendships of the main cast have become.  But I did like some of the unusual pairing this episode also.

It really was a super episode.

And you are not kidding about the blood-spattered Margo. What a hardcore scene.

44 minutes ago, drotto said:

Are you kinda sad you caught up? Can't bing watch more right now.?

Seriously a great show that does not get enough attention.

Exactly! Even when you go to stores, it is very difficult to find more than Season 1 on the rack. And even with that, there will be one or two copies.

34 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Exactly! Even when you go to stores, it is very difficult to find more than Season 1 on the rack. And even with that, there will be one or two copies.

I think that season three at this point looks to be possibly the best, the episodes have been very consistant. 

3 minutes ago, drotto said:

I think that season three at this point looks to be possibly the best, the episodes have been very consistant. 

Agreed! I think that actors are now so immersed in the Magicians world and characters, they are very comfortable individually and as a group delivering fantastic entertainment.