• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Magicians

130 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, drotto said:

I need to wait a ##^$ year for this show to come back after that episode!!

:foryou:

Hang in there. We'll get through this.

Meanwhile, I am trying to track down that soundtrack when the ship is taking them to Castle Blackspire. Yet again, another super series of songs.

I hate to say it, but this episode sort of fell flat for me. I think there was too much jumping between scenes and locations. They could have also cut out the librarian portions and not have lost anything. I think they should have fully embraced the musical theme and used it throughout all aspects of the episode, not just Margo's scenes. Even when they were doing it, I just wasn't getting the same vibe as I did from last season. It didn't feel like it belonged, even with the set up of her getting high from the lizard. It didn't feel as fully thought out and integrated as the one from last season. 

Still love Summer Bishil though :x

On 3/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, Antpark said:

I hate to say it, but this episode sort of fell flat for me. I think there was too much jumping between scenes and locations. They could have also cut out the librarian portions and not have lost anything. I think they should have fully embraced the musical theme and used it throughout all aspects of the episode, not just Margo's scenes. Even when they were doing it, I just wasn't getting the same vibe as I did from last season. It didn't feel like it belonged, even with the set up of her getting high from the lizard. It didn't feel as fully thought out and integrated as the one from last season. 

Still love Summer Bishil though :x

Finally got to watch it last night.  They should have made it a fill Margot episode and pushed an the other plot lines to next week.

The episode felt very disjointed.

9 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Finally got to watch it last night.  They should have made it a fill Margot episode and pushed an the other plot lines to next week.

The episode felt very disjointed.

It was an odd episode. They are going for a few parallel plots, and trying for equal time for each while also being creative with the musical bits.

But I still enjoy this show.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It was an odd episode. They are going for a few parallel plots, and trying for equal time for each while also being creative with the musical bits.

But I still enjoy this show.

oh yeah, for sure, a disjointed episode of this show is still better than most of the other stuff i see on TV.  

I actually have grown to enjoy (empathize with, more than like?) almost every character in this show, and that's pretty rare for me.

Watched the Finale last night (DVR). I thought the musical piece in this episode was VERY well done, on par, if not better than Under Pressure, and much better than the one a few weeks ago.

Spoiler

Surprised to find out that Q is really dead and that Jason Ralph is leaving the show.

To be honest, he was never my favorite character, but did do a good job in being the center from which all the other characters & stories could spiral out and then bring them back together when needed. 

I look forward to seeing how the next season carries on.

2 hours ago, Antpark said:

Watched the Finale last night (DVR). I thought the musical piece in this episode was VERY well done, on par, if not better than Under Pressure, and much better than the one a few weeks ago.

Reveal hidden contents

Surprised to find out that Q is really dead and that Jason Ralph is leaving the show.

To be honest, he was never my favorite character, but did do a good job in being the center from which all the other characters & stories could spiral out and then bring them back together when needed. 

I look forward to seeing how the next season carries on.

It really was an emotional and entertaining finale. And I agree, THAT character leaving the show isn't a huge loss to me. But he really has been an integral part of the main cast in keeping the story going up to this point. But I can see it progressing along just fine without him, though a historic reference point how dangerous magic can be to anyone.

Finale tore my heart out and stomped on it. So I went back and started watching the show from the beginning. So many callbacks to S1 in those last few eps. They really brought things full circle.

This is a top five show for me. It continually surprises me. It is, dare I say it, magic.

41 minutes ago, Antpark said:

"When did you have time to go see Endgame?" 
lol

Love this show -- can't wait for the season to start!

I have watched all the seasons at least twice now, and love this show due to the interesting casting. Even minor characters are so well placed.

The role of Josh Hoberman gets more than a few times to shine.