• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Magicians

130 posts in this topic

I've had more than one person that read the books describe them as a mix of Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia. Especially with the latter as the books progressive along. But that the show drops some of the Narnia influence to stand on its own.

To me, this is a really good show. It just has a lot of twists and turns to portray magic involves plenty of secrets and surprises. So that can throw people off that half-watch the show.

I read the book and loved it - kind of a adult Harry Potter with quite a few twist and turns. The first half of the tv series was great but I thought the second half diverted quite a bit from the book and it seemed to jump the shark a bit. I did marathon watch the season over three days so that may be why I ran out of steam. Fun series that will get you hooked right away.

I thought it diverted from the book at the beginning and never stopped several things changed at the beginning including who dies.

The intro of the beast even was changed. None of it was bad in my opinion. The book just spent too much time on introduction I thought. It took most of the first 1/2 of the book to really get anywhere I thought.

I thought this show was going to quickly burn out after the death of a major character. But they have actually made it quite entertaining. And quite zany when they throw in a soundtrack from Les Miserables, as there is magic in music.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought this show was going to quickly burn out after the death of a major character. But they have actually made it quite entertaining. And quite zany when they throw in a soundtrack from Les Miserables, as there is magic in music.

lol NM I didn't see this post.

I loved that episode just for the Les Miserables routine which was great. Made me got You tube some other performances of it for fun.

SYFY Channel is really cranking out the good shows. Episode 13 was another wild yet entertaining experience. And as usual for Season 2, the soundtrack has been great. I liked that final song as a closer.

6 hours ago, drotto said:

Yeah. Someone else actually watches this. See Bosco685 you can’t totally hate me.

When did I say I hate you? I disagree with the DC instant detraction.

"DC didn't do it like Marvel. I knew this would be bad!"

On 4/21/2017 at 6:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

SYFY Channel is really cranking out the good shows. Episode 13 was another wild yet entertaining experience. And as usual for Season 2, the soundtrack has been great. I liked that final song as a closer.

Rewatched the final episode the other night. This song still stands out when the faeries appear to invade the castle.

attack-of-the-fairies-e1492708316125.jpg