• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2016 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

542 posts in this topic

Got a coloring book from Evil Cody this weekend to knock out some boredom in the hotel room. Decided to test the new labels and see what they can fit.

Signed and Colored by:Terry Dodson, Rachel Dodson, Jerome Opena, Skottie Young, Nei Ruffino, Emanuela Luppachino, Fiona Staples, Me, DScott, Kevlar, Balent, Sam, Bree, FFParamedic, Jason Schacter, Mollie, Scott, MSchmidt, Jeter, Diego, Dane, Sahnnon, Liliana, Kwan, Cynthia, Melissa, Brittany, DHurley, John91C, Greg Reece and Alex Reece.

9379809D-D0AB-424B-8DEC-09519D845FEB_zpsanfu60ey.jpg

26F0E2E5-0A2C-4BE8-AD6E-DBEDCC29AE2D_zpsxcwqrlnq.jpg

Some recent sketch cover additions:

By Jahnoy Lindsay:

tumblr_o3n9elzViv1v87xcro1_540.jpg

tumblr_o3n9elzViv1v87xcro2_540.jpg

By Brian Lopez-Santos (B2rianLS):

SKxzTu9e_2603160850471gpadd.jpg

TD8TrfGh_1004161120181gpadd.jpg

I recently got a couple of pinup covers from Anthony Helmer as well but I don't think I can embed them here as they have a liberal amount of skin. You can see them in my CAF gallery, though.

All are great; that last one though!!!

Yeah, I'm quite proud of that one. A lot of artists just want you to name the character and do the rest themselves, Brian actually wanted to know what I liked about the character so he could incorporate it into the piece when I contacted him about a commission. That resulted in discussions back and forth and then first in the triptych commission, and then the Batgirl cover homage with Kimura. If you click the links you can read about the genesis of the commissions and the thoughts behind them.

Got this colored by the great Alex Sinclair at the London Con (thanks dscott). This is way more detailed and beautiful than the actual cover! :o Also signed by Scott Williams! (thumbs u Not an actual sketch but I thought I'd post here.

<a  href=003_zps2wwa91xl.jpg' alt='003_zps2wwa91x

Finished my jam at ECCC barring a miracle at Megacon. Really pleased with how this came out. I'm going to be scanning t and having Mark Sparacio painting the scan and adding the castle in the finished piece. I already have an idea for another that I plan to start in the summer.

The list of artists:

Art Adams - Dumbo

Terry Dodson - Genie

Emanuela Luppachino - Olaf and the Magic Carpet

Clay Mann - Baloo

Phil Noto - Rafiki

Amanda Conner - Dalmatian

Ed Mcguinness - Pumba

Humberto Ramos - Robin Hood

Mark Brooks - Stitch

J. Scott Campbell - Lady

Joe Mad - Sebastian

Skottie Young - Sully

E544DF3D-8A05-4CE9-8342-C5BEF16501C7_zpsj7jpumdd.jpg

Got this colored by the great Alex Sinclair at the London Con (thanks dscott). This is way more detailed and beautiful than the actual cover! :o Also signed by Scott Williams! (thumbs u Not an actual sketch but I thought I'd post here.

:headbang: