• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Irishman
1 1

87 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2019 at 12:18 PM, FoggyNelson said:

We will have to go see it good or bad just because of the big name Stars and Scorsese 

looks like a good winter time movie

i was most excited to see Pesci in the movie , only his 2nd on screen acting role in 21 years (minus a cameo) 

Pesci was lucky to escape a psycho wife in real life

On May 20, 2000, Haro's ex-husband Garrett Warren, from whom she had recently filed for divorce, was shot four times[3] in his face and upper body by a gunman hiding in his Westlake Village, California apartment. Warren survived the attack, but lost an eye. In December 2005, Haro was arrested on charges related to the crime. She ultimately pled no contest to two counts of attempted murder and a principal firearm charge for the attempted murder of Warren and in April 2012, Haro was sentenced to 12 years 4 months[4] in prison. She is currently serving that sentence at the California Institution for Women in Corona, Caimage.jpeg.a087e20f1dba203f8a64967a522dea86.jpeg

Edited by 1950's war comics

I didn't like it. Honestly they all just seemed to old for their roles they were playing. 
I don't see how anyone can defend that casting. 

I would preferred better pacing like Good Fellas or the Departed. This movie had a lot of slow 
parts that just didn't work for me. I was interested in this movie because of all the background
with Kennedy and Hoffa. That part of the movie I enjoyed. 

Out of them all I enjoyed DeNiro the rest were either out of character for what I am used to.
(Pesci) or in Pachino's I just didn't think the role fit him well. 

I like them all, but this wasn't some masterpiece that the rode off into the sunset on. More like
limped with a cain.

13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I didn't like it. Honestly they all just seemed to old for their roles they were playing. 

I would preferred better pacing like Good Fellas or the Departed. This movie had a lot of slow 
parts that just didn't work for me. I was interested in this movie because of all the background

Out of them all I enjoyed DeNiro the rest were either out of character for what I am used to.

I like them all, but this wasn't some masterpiece that the rode off into the sunset on. More like
limped with a cain.

#marvelbias

#fakenews

#haterade

16 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

after the cabaret scene Joey Gallo and his family goes to a restaurant

Gallo is played in the movie by actor Sebastian Maniscalco

image.jpeg.bc2177bf51f4edeaa1021298fa56ad9e.jpeg

He’s also a comedian

On 12/4/2019 at 10:58 PM, Oddball said:

Spent the day sick in bed and I watched The Godfather and Godfather II (First time viewing the Coppola Restoration editions). Over six straight hours back to back. Suddenly the Irishman loses some luster. Then again, there really isn’t much out there that can stack up against a perfect film and a perfect sequel.

I was talking to my brother about the scene when they see more greene

you don’t buy me out, I buy you out

pacino was amazing in that movie 

I saw The Irishman last night. Good film.

I think by using the Netflix platform, this is the Director's Extended Cut which if released theatrically would have been cut down to two hours.

I guess this contests the mob rumors Hoffa's body was buried in cement at a baseball field. What a self-destructive character portrayed in the film.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Some people have a narrow berth for movies

I really enjoyed this movie, like I really enjoyed marvel movies, no more no less

Indeed. I personally don't understand the offence taken by Scorsese's Marvel comments. I agree with him in fact. 

Marvel films are not "cinema" the same way (most) popular fiction is not "literature" and Swatch watches aren't "haute horology".

It doesn't mean they aren't highly likeable, entertaining and worthy of praise in their own right. Simply that they don't have superior or lasting artistic merit.

I shouldn't have to say this, but since it seems to be a very touchy subject, I will: This is my opinion, and it is based on my own interpretation of what Scorsese meant by his comments. I understand that others may have a different opinion, and I am not saying those are invalid or wrong.

1 hour ago, Foley said:

Indeed. I personally don't understand the offence taken by Scorsese's Marvel comments. I agree with him in fact. 

Marvel films are not "cinema" the same way (most) popular fiction is not "literature" and Swatch watches aren't "haute horology".

It doesn't mean they aren't highly likeable, entertaining and worthy of praise in their own right. Simply that they don't have superior or lasting artistic merit.

I shouldn't have to say this, but since it seems to be a very touchy subject, I will: This is my opinion, and it is based on my own interpretation of what Scorsese meant by his comments. I understand that others may have a different opinion, and I am not saying those are invalid or wrong.

Sometimes a person can read the written word on a particular subject he has interest in and feel his mind expanding

These are those words...

good not great...lacked pace. Pacino was good, Pesci was good...Deniro in some scenes seemed to be laboring a bit. I felt after watching it that the movie was just drawn out too much and could have been shortened without taking away from the story. 

On 12/6/2019 at 12:42 PM, jsilverjanet said:
On 12/5/2019 at 11:04 PM, fastballspecial said:

limped with a cain.

#marvelbias

#fakenews

#haterade

Going to be first in line for Birds of Prey as well I take it? :whistle:

I mean after all you did see Charlie's Angels as well and thought it was a good movie. :insane:

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Going to be first in line for Birds of Prey as well I take it? :whistle:

I mean after all you did see Charlie's Angels as well and thought it was a good movie. :insane:

:flipbait: