• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribute To Creig Flessel
4 4

429 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I agree. Detective 9 is a top 3 Flessel IMO, and I once almost bought a Federal Men 2... but couldn’t. It just doesn’t do it for me.

I actually have a copy KJ, which of course, I'd LOVE to upgrade. If only I had an extra 10k laying around …. 

Detective 9 3.0 ow front (2).jpg

15 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

There are probably a dozen Flessel covers that are its technical equal, but there's just something about this one that sends me. My #1 is New adventure 24, and Detective 18 rounds out my top three.

Congrats on that classic, Frisco!

Thanks Pal 😊 I dig all 3 that you mentioned and would like to add the other 2 at some point, when I can find the right copies. The New Adventure and Adventure titles are H O T right now!!!  WAY too hot for me to acquire any. Not a great time to be a buyer.

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

There are probably a dozen Flessel covers that are its technical equal, but there's just something about this one that sends me. My #1 is New adventure 24, and Detective 18 rounds out my top three.

Congrats on that classic, Frisco!

If you have any doubles, feel free to message me! 😊 

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 1/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, KirbyJack said:

Congratulations on that nice Adventure 73! Such a great, under appreciated comic.

Which thread is this Adventure 73 from?  hm

I absolutely love the cover for Adventure 73 and definitely one of my favorite GA covers with its almost 3-D like look as Manhunter comes right out of the cover. :luhv:

On 1/9/2020 at 11:30 PM, lou_fine said:

I absolutely love the cover for Adventure 73 and definitely one of my favorite GA covers with its almost 3-D like look as Manhunter comes right out of the cover. :luhv:

From RicksNeatStuff’s sales thread; methinks KirbyJack posted in the wrong thread since that’s an S&K, not Flessel.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:04 AM, sacentaur said:
On 1/9/2020 at 11:30 PM, lou_fine said:

From RicksNeatStuff’s sales thread; methinks KirbyJack posted in the wrong thread since that’s an S&K, not Flessel.

You guys are the absolute best as KJ already sent me a PM the other day with a link to the thread.  (thumbsu

Anyways, congrats on your pickup of Adventure 73 since I have always considered that to be an absolutely gorgeous almost 3-D like cover image with Manhunter seemingly stepping right out from the cover.  :luhv:  :applause:

On 1/7/2020 at 7:50 PM, Frisco Larson said:
On 1/7/2020 at 2:32 PM, KirbyJack said:

I agree. Detective 9 is a top 3 Flessel IMO, and I once almost bought a Federal Men 2... but couldn’t. It just doesn’t do it for me.

I actually have a copy KJ, which of course, I'd LOVE to upgrade. If only I had an extra 10k laying around …. 

Detective 9 3.0 ow front (2).jpg

Absolutely love these Flessel pre-hero 'Tec covers, especially this one here along with my other favorites which are 'Tec 11 and 'Tec 13.  :luhv:

If I remember correct, Win had the 'Tec 9 listed as the toughest pre-hero from his Windex scarcity listing, although the CGC census would indicate the honors should go to 'Tec 24 and then 'Tec 3 before it comes to 'Tec 9. (shrug)

That small identifying "S" letter mark appears to look very similar (i.e. with the extended tail) to a lot of the very early pre-hero New Comics from RGH's personal collection. hm