• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fifty Five Years and Counting No my parents did not throw away my comics. posted by Greenlama

6 posts in this topic

Who would think a disposable pastime like a comic book would turn into an avocation and remain a passion over half a century.

I acquired my first comic collection circa 1963 but began reading comics in 1960. The books included some EC's, Barks' duck comics and Avengers #1. Not bad for a five year old. I began buying comics that year and amassed 60,000 by 1994. I traded the Avengers #1 for the first six issues of Spider-man, which I still have and reacquired the Avengers for $3. I began attending comic conventions in 1976 and would set up tables from 1984 until 2000. This allowed me to meet many, many artists and writers, some of whom I maintained friendships for several decades. I then began to collect original art including covers, paintings and pages; as well as comic scripts from friends of mine who letterers prior to computer generated work.

See more journals by Greenlama

CSJournals is an automated user that posts journal entries for anyone who does not have their own message board account yet.

So then why have you not opened an account to join this forum? It's pretty simple. Moreover we'd all love to see your rarer comics, Charltons, Archies, Atlas, funny animal, western, etc.

???