• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help a friend and witness -Go fund me link added!

90 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Here's a link to my first contribution for Bob.

The Walking Dead #1 CGC SS 9.6

This is my personal copy of TWD #1. I purchased this on the day of release in 2003. Little did I know this book would be a catalyst for some of the biggest moments of my career and life.

In the few years that I've been working in comics, I've become close friends with Shawn and his family. I love them like they were my own family. Bob is a great man and I'm tearing up as I write this.

The donation to the family will be the full ebay bid. I'll make up the difference personally.

Many thanks to Dre for hosting this auction.

-shawn

Hey Guys,

The Walking Dead #1 CGC SS 9.6

This is my personal copy of TWD #1. I purchased this on the day of release in 2003. Little did I know this book would be a catalyst for some of the biggest moments of my career and life.

In the few years that I've been working in comics, I've become close friends with Shawn and his family. I love them like they were my own family. Bob is a great man and I'm tearing up as I write this.

The donation to the family will be the full ebay bid. I'll make up the difference personally.

-shawn

You're the first bidder. Good Luck!

For Bob Caffrey----

Bid hard, bid heavy, go home hungry!

(for M&M's)

Dark Knight III #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Frank Miller, Azzarello, Kubert & Janson (1/100 variant)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/351631102387?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Back to the Future #1 CGC 10.0 s/s Bob Gale (1/10 artist edition)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE-1-CGC-10-0-SS-BOB-GALE-Artist-Edition-1-10-variant-GEM-MINT-/381521281122?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Sin City A Dame to Kill For #1 CGC 9.6 s/s Frank Miller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/381521285819?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

These are ending tonight (in about an hour ish).

Here's a couple items to bid on for those that are interested and want to help!

I had these previously listed as a buy it now but they went unsold so I just re-listed them in an auction format with no reserve.

All bids are greatly appreciated and of course 100% of the proceeds will go to Bob.

Ninja Turtles Cartoon Cast Signed Poster (signed by 9 including all turtles and shredder)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141889046960?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

All Dogs Go To Heaven Movie Book, signed by creator/producer/director/animator Don Bluth, Gary Goldman & John Polmeroy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131713020366?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I was going to relist the book below on eBay with all proceeds going to Bob but I thought I would offer it here first.

Only $85 shipped which I think is a pretty good price, so buy the book, get a deal and help out a great cause! :baiting:

$85 shipped in the USA or only $75 plus exact shipping if your international.

asm_zpsgauxiwzd.jpg

:)

I was going to relist the book below on eBay with all proceeds going to Bob but I thought I would offer it here first.

Only $85 shipped which I think is a pretty good price, so buy the book, get a deal and help out a great cause! :baiting:

$85 shipped in the USA or only $75 plus exact shipping if your international.

asm_zpsgauxiwzd.jpg

:)

I just listed the book above on eBay with no reserve. There are a couple other items listed as well. All proceeds go to Bob's Go Fund Me so any bids are appreciated. Thanks!

LINKS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDERMAN-AND-HIS-AMAZING-FRIENDS-1-CGC-9-6-WHITE-PAGES-MARVEL-COMIC-BOOK-/141892450507?hash=item210972f8cb:g:oQMAAOSw5dNWp~gk

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-CARTOON-CAST-SIGNED-POSTER-SDCC-2015-EXCLUSIVE-TMNT-/141889046960?hash=item21093f09b0:g:4FAAAOSwuYVWmbtj

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-DOGS-GO-TO-HEAVEN-MOVIE-NOVELIZATION-BOOK-SIGNED-BY-DIRECTOR-DON-BLUTH-X3-/131713020366?hash=item1eaab531ce:g:I4QAAOSwuYVWmb-t

I can’t believe hadn’t seen or heard about this thread prior to today…

I’m a little fish in the sea that is CGC and I met Bob at NYCC, he was my witness on some SS stuff I got done two years ago and last year.

Bob is one of those people that you just think are pretty damn cool the moment you meet them. He has a calm demeanor, is super-friendly, affable, respectful, professional, personable, etc. I really enjoyed chatting with him for a bit on various occasions while we ran around the con picking up my books from artists and/or getting some sigs. I learned he worked for M&M Mars, was retired and that he’s not really “into all this stuff” I think were his words, when referring to the con and comic books. He was also very proud to inform me that his son is a CGC employee and he only does the CAW gig at a few cons thanks to his son.

Bob’s a really nice guy so this is sad news to me and I def want to help out. I’ve donated in the Go Fund Me page, but I’d also like to donate an item to sell. Is the only option putting it up for sale/auction on eBay?

I can’t believe hadn’t seen or heard about this thread prior to today…

I’m a little fish in the sea that is CGC and I met Bob at NYCC, he was my witness on some SS stuff I got done two years ago and last year.

Bob is one of those people that you just think are pretty damn cool the moment you meet them. He has a calm demeanor, is super-friendly, affable, respectful, professional, personable, etc. I really enjoyed chatting with him for a bit on various occasions while we ran around the con picking up my books from artists and/or getting some sigs. I learned he worked for M&M Mars, was retired and that he’s not really “into all this stuff” I think were his words, when referring to the con and comic books. He was also very proud to inform me that his son is a CGC employee and he only does the CAW gig at a few cons thanks to his son.

Bob’s a really nice guy so this is sad news to me and I def want to help out. I’ve donated in the Go Fund Me page, but I’d also like to donate an item to sell. Is the only option putting it up for sale/auction on eBay?

Thanks for the kind words about Bob. He has been reading the thread here and there and loves to hear them. As for donating an item, Ebay is the only way to do this. So if its possible to do so, that would be awesome.

Hey Guys,

-shawn

Hey Guys,

Ebay made Dre take down the original auction due to the listing saying "charity". So it was relisted for 7 days. Here's the new link.

The Walking Dead #1 SS 9.6 signed by Robert Kirkman

Happy bidding for Bob!

-shawn