• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 1.95 vs 1.99 cover price - variants?

173 posts in this topic

My kitty cat is all my own!

I'm not trying to get in the middle of anyone's fight, I was just genuinely confused about what was really being said here.

So regardless of what anyone thinks about my opinion, using MY definitions (which seems to align with Lazy's)...are there actually modern X-men price variants, or is the thread just talking about the difference in the news and direct versions?

My kitty cat is all my own!

I'm not trying to get in the middle of anyone's fight, I was just genuinely confused about what was really being said here.

So regardless of what anyone thinks about my opinion, using MY definitions (which seems to align with Lazy's)...are there actually modern X-men price variants, or is the thread just talking about the difference in the news and direct versions?

This thread was bumped because Lazy had a seizure. Thats really all that happened here

This thread has me super confused, but this is what I accept as fact based on years of collecting and the seeming general consensus of the collecting community:

A direct market comic and a newsstand comic, regardless of the content, appearance, or price, are two different books. One is a direct edition, one is a newsstand.

A newsstand, regardless of the price, is not a variant of a direct market book. It's a different book.

A true price variant is a different price on the same book. The 30/35 cent variants were different prices on the same book.

Changing the price on a newsstand doesn't make it a price variant. It's a different book.

NOW, if a newsstand had a price variant, that'd be something. Let's say, in theory, there are 1.99 direct versions, and 1.95 newsstands, AND then it's discovered that there is also a 1.99 newsstand, that would be a variant.

(thumbs u

I'm glad that everybody else gets it, at least.

SO, with all of that established: are there actually newsstand variant prices out there on these books? Or are we just talking about direct editions and newsstand editions that happen to be priced differently (say 1.99 for the direct and 1.95 for the news)?

No, not what was being discussed in this thread. In the thread that he just ruined, there are actual newsstand price variants.

Oh, ok, just saw this bit.

Ok, so there ARE price variants for these X-Men books. So that's interesting! Good to know, and thanks for the clarification.

This thread has me super confused, but this is what I accept as fact based on years of collecting and the seeming general consensus of the collecting community:

A direct market comic and a newsstand comic, regardless of the content, appearance, or price, are two different books. One is a direct edition, one is a newsstand.

A newsstand, regardless of the price, is not a variant of a direct market book. It's a different book.

A true price variant is a different price on the same book. The 30/35 cent variants were different prices on the same book.

Changing the price on a newsstand doesn't make it a price variant. It's a different book.

NOW, if a newsstand had a price variant, that'd be something. Let's say, in theory, there are 1.99 direct versions, and 1.95 newsstands, AND then it's discovered that there is also a 1.99 newsstand, that would be a variant.

(thumbs u

SO, with all of that established: are there actually newsstand variant prices out there on these books? Or are we just talking about direct editions and newsstand editions that happen to be priced differently (say 1.99 for the direct and 1.95 for the news)?

No, not what was being discussed in this thread. In the thread that he just ruined, there are actual newsstand price variants.

YOU just ruined his thread by using obscenities. He basically quit the board because of your behavior

Now are you going to answer my question or take sides with board members

Is that how it works for you?

What was the first response in that thread? Oh yeah, you facetiously wishing him good luck because you didn't like the answers you got in this thread and you thought they were actually about the same topic.

The title of this thread is a question. You received an answer to that question from multiple people: NO.

I'm not making you a list. Do your own work if you care about Newsstand editions with different prices than Direct editions. But first, learn about definitions and classifications and how to properly use them.

(thumbs u

Ok, so there ARE price variants for these X-Men books. So that's interesting! Good to know, and thanks for the clarification.

No, the actual price variants are in this thread.

(thumbs u

No, the actual price variants are in this thread.

Awesome, thanks!

(thumbs u

YOU just ruined his thread by using obscenities. He basically quit the board because of your behavior

What was the first response in that thread? Oh yeah, you facetiously wishing him good luck because you didn't like the answers you got in this thread and you thought they were actually about the same topic.

I wish him good luck is the only factual part in your response. Everything else you made up

Kinda like when you make up definitions of what a price variant is or is not

(thumbs u

The title of this thread is a question. You received an answer to that question from multiple people: NO.

I'm not making you a list. Do your own work if you care about Newsstand editions with different prices than Direct editions. But first, learn about definitions and classifications and how to properly use them.

If youre making a claim - SUBSTANTIATE IT

You dont owe it to me

You owe it to the people you lie to in this thread

Just so people that read this for the first time understand:

This thread is discussing the topic of existing 1.95 & 1.99 PRICE VARIANTS

It also further progressed to discuss OTHER existing modern price variants. If you have an example of an identical book with a different price VARIANT please feel free to chime in the conversation.

(thumbs u

You dont owe it to me

Don't you dare call me a liar, you :censored::censored::censored::censored: .

You think I'm going to put in the work to make a multi-thousand item list for you? :roflmao::roflmao:

For a book to be a price variant, the price has to be the defining difference.

I've changed out light bulbs that were brighter than you.

You think I'm going to put in the work to make a multi-thousand item list for you? :roflmao::roflmao:

You should worry less about cursing me out and worry more about substance

Like I said.. I can bury you with insults but I show more honor to people here than you

Same book.. Different prices.. Not a common practice

Wrong. Extremely common.

Thats a lie. A big. Fat. Ugly. Lie

If youre new to this board, this thread should be a MANDATORY read for you.

This shows you how certain people here try their best to hijack a topic and spread lies to those who care about our community and collecting habits.

Theres NOTHING factual about what Username Lazyboy opines to. Its just an opinion. Smeared with insults and hate.

His further escalation attempts from the subject of this thread has shown, there is no stopping him from CONSTANTLY changing the topic and misinforming others when he cant seem to back his claims

You should worry less about cursing me out and worry more about substance

Like I said.. I can bury you with insults but I show more honor to people here than you

Same book.. Different prices.. Not a common practice

Wrong. Extremely common.

Thats a lie. A big. Fat. Ugly. Lie

You have a serious problem distinguishing truth from lies and reality from your imagination.

You dont owe it to me

Keep on dodging my answer.

Just so people that read this for the first time understand:

This thread is discussing the topic of existing 1.95 & 1.99 PRICE VARIANTS

It also further progressed to discuss OTHER existing modern price variants. If you have an example of an identical book with a different price VARIANT please feel free to chime in the conversation.

The sad reality is that Username Lazyboy tries to elevate himself from other board users by informing them of things he himself has no clue about, and which seem to bring on heated debates in everyday life of this board: print runs.

He will never step up and admit to it, because he himself preaches against it in most topics when brought up by others. This is the kind of hypocrisy that exists in these boards.

Sad

The sad reality is that Username Lazyboy tries to elevate himself from other board users by informing them of things he himself has no clue about, and which seem to bring on heated debates in everyday life of this board: print runs.

He will never step up and admit to it, because he himself preaches against it in most topics when brought up by others. This is the kind of hypocrisy that exists in these boards.

Sad

What the hell are you talking about now?

What is wrong with you?

Just because you clearly know very little about comics doesn't mean everybody else is as ignorant as you.

Sad

Here he is, on the other thread, talking out of his a** ABOUT PRINT RUNS misinforming users as usual

I too am curious. Thank you OP for bringing this up. 3 different newsstand prices? Wacky, considering that newsstand had what, less than a 10K print-run?

No, not even close. Even the returns weren't that low, let alone the print run (or distribution).

Sad

Here he is, on the other thread, talking out of his a** ABOUT PRINT RUNS misinforming users as usual

I too am curious. Thank you OP for bringing this up. 3 different newsstand prices? Wacky, considering that newsstand had what, less than a 10K print-run?

No, not even close. Even the returns weren't that low, let alone the print run (or distribution).

Wow, you're even more ignorant than I thought.

Have you ever heard of Statements of Ownership?