• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just moved to Denver - need recommendations

15 posts in this topic

All - just moved to south Denver (Highlands Ranch) and need a recommendation for a solid store out here. Before everyone starts shooting me Mile High recommendations, please know that I am grossly aware of them - I don't have any interest in paying their prices.

I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to recommend a joint close to home that has good business practices.

I reallllllly miss my guy back home - he was the best jewel out there for people in the RICHMOND area. Shoot me an email if you'd like that contact. Great silver age collection and very competitive. Usually goes by the pricing guide, which in my experience pays for itself if you are aware of the market.

Thank you. I appreciate the help. Problem with this site is that it doesn't give me 'recommendations'. I feel very lucky to have found my last place after looking long and hard for a good shop that wasn't A) picked through, B) over priced, C) didn't reek of BO. Maybe my old buddy Ed was a unicorn.

There's two others I'd visit on occasion if I was looking to fill in runs. Coins, cards, comics in Arvada and All C's in Aurora.

Also... Avoid Mile High like the plague. Their stores are absolute trash. I hate setting foot in them. I even despise being in the shopping centers they're set up in.

Thank you. I appreciate the help. Problem with this site is that it doesn't give me 'recommendations'. I feel very lucky to have found my last place after looking long and hard for a good shop that wasn't A) picked through, B) over priced, C) didn't reek of BO. Maybe my old buddy Ed was a unicorn.

:gossip: More.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Comic+Book+Stores&find_loc=Highlands+Ranch,+CO&start=0&cflt=comicbooks

All C's Collectibles is probably the best down toward you.

They do a lot of internet business too.

I agree with a previous poster.

I Want More Comics and Time Warp are the best. Just a SUPER haul from Highlands.

Patrick

I Want More Comics and Time Warp are the best. Just a SUPER haul from Highlands.

Patrick

I live in Boulder. Time Warp is the best in Colorado but I Want More Comics is decent too.

Aamazing fantasy comics (yes, two aa's) is my personal favorite old school comic shop. They are in Littleton which is about ten minutes from the ranch. Shawn is a wealth of comic knowledge and his shop is very well organized. Not huge but is the real deal!

And welcome to Denver!

Patrick

Yep, Jason (All Cs) is a great guy. Think they are in Aurora.

Does Mile High even have stores any more (other than his gigantic warehouse location)? I thought he sold them off over the past 15 years.

(And now that I look at their site, it seems they still have two other shops open. So... never mind.)

I used to go to Denver a lot on business; I Want More Comics was my favorite store to visit. The Mile High Jason Street wareshouse is fun to visit for window shopping, but prices are :screwy: