• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Loki said:

I really hope someone fries Netflix over the sleazy email promo they sent just out...  "Suspicious Activity" alert as the title, morphs into a Punisher advert when you open it.

Someone I know thought it was malware and was very perturbed about it. Yes, that was a bad strategy.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:38 AM, Logan510 said:

I give little weight to those numbers or reviews. Most of the reviewers don't appear to know anything about the characters anyway.

While I look forward to The Punisher, I can already tell from the trailer they're changing much of the character needlessly.

As an aside, I wish Disney would just buy Netflix so I don't have to get another streaming service just to get the Marvel shows :)

I really hope this series is good the plot worries me.  Boring Military story-line.

Where is Jigsaw?  Where madame?  Where is the Mafia?

Punisher is in my top 10 of all time but scrolling through the episodes list didn't get me too excited.

Watching an episode today, they reference the Phoenix Program.  New what that is because I happen to be listening to this book.  Very interesting, if you're looking to learn about it.  https://www.amazon.com/CIA-Organized-Crime-Illegal-Operations/dp/0997287012/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510971630&sr=8-1&keywords=CIA+Phoenix&dpID=515d%2BSJ134L&preST=_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Seems the husband and wife are both reading the same book "Life of Pi" by Martel, which is a very good book, wonder if there's a significance later as I'm only 6 episodes through.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I really hope this series is good the plot worries me.  Boring Military story-line.

Where is Jigsaw?  Where madame?  Where is the Mafia?

Punisher is in my top 10 of all time but scrolling through the episodes list didn't get me too excited.

I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and it's OK. Based upon what you've said here I honestly don't think you'll like it much.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Weird how there seems to be less buzz and enthusiasm on this board about this show than there was for even Iron Fist.

Wondering if the Netflix superhero shows are waning or if folks are already focused on Thanksgiving week travels.

I think because Marvel will be leaving Netflix for the Disney streaming in the future has something to do with it.

Also Iron Fist and Defenders were not that great so that might have an affect at people checking it out,similar to the BvS affect on the Justice Leagues box office.

I will use Inhumans as a current example as in the next time ABC debuts a superhero show I will be less enthused because I will have the Inhumans stinker still in my thoughts not to try a ABC show for awhile.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Yeah - I get that, but Defenders always struck me as B-list, while Iron Fist was C-list.

Punisher may be B-list now, but he was an A-list superstar in the late '80s-mid-'90s.

I get that we've already seen him headline three movies but would think there'd be far more enthusiasm for this series (esp. as a direct follow-up to Daredevil Season 2).