• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

Fantastic Season.

Could not stop having 2 binge sessions.

Highly recommended!

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I really enjoyed Season 2. And including Bullseye turned out to be a masterpiece performance.

I just finished it, I had to ff through a few of the blood scenes, but overall, I really liked it.

But where was Bullseye? I missed that part?

On 1/26/2019 at 2:31 AM, Red84 said:

Her criticism is bizarre and reading into the story something that doesn’t exist. 

I agree, it makes no sense. I think sometimes people follow what they did in college when they would write papers based on what the endpapers said;) Now it's reviews based on trailers.

10 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I just finished it, I had to ff through a few of the blood scenes, but overall, I really liked it.

But where was Bullseye? I missed that part?

Man, I must have been drinking in all my excitement over Daredevil Season 3 and The Punisher Season 2 I hadn't come down from the clouds yet.

Bullseye = Daredevil Season 3

Jigsaw = The Punisher Season 2

Bosco685 = another shot of Sambuca :insane:

Finished it last night.

DD3 and Punisher 2 were the 2 best complete seasons.  With something happening that mattered throughout.  But I agree with others that season 1 had higher high spots.

Spoiler

I liked how they did the A and B story happening at the same time, vs most of the series had big bad #1 for half the season, then big bad #2 pops up. 

This raised the tension a lot by having threats coming from 2 directions at once. 

I liked season 2.  I liked season 1 just a bit more.  BUT I actually don't mind if they end it here.  You know what's weird?  I actually think the Punisher would be a better 'old tv series' where he just kills one bad guy or group of bad guys each week. More episodic and formulaic.

But Daredevil Season 3 still better.  The great tragedy of these the Netflix Marvel shows being discontinued is that we don't get to see more Bullseye, or Punisher v Bullseye.

My Updated Rankings in descending order

Daredevil Season 2

Daredevil Season 3

Jessica Jones 1

Punisher 1

Daredevil 1

PUnisher 2

Luke Cage 1

Luke Cage 2

Defenders

Iron Fist 2

Jessica Jones 2

Iron Fist 1

On 2/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, revat said:

I liked season 2.  I liked season 1 just a bit more.  BUT I actually don't mind if they end it here.  You know what's weird?  I actually think the Punisher would be a better 'old tv series' where he just kills one bad guy or group of bad guys each week. More episodic and formulaic.

But Daredevil Season 3 still better.  The great tragedy of these the Netflix Marvel shows being discontinued is that we don't get to see more Bullseye, or Punisher v Bullseye.

My Updated Rankings in descending order

Daredevil Season 2

Daredevil Season 3

Jessica Jones 1

Punisher 1

Daredevil 1

PUnisher 2

Luke Cage 1

Luke Cage 2

Defenders

Iron Fist 2

Jessica Jones 2

Iron Fist 1

My rankings are a bit different...

DD Season 3

Punisher Season 2

DD Season 1

DD Season 2

Punisher Season 1

Jessica Jones 2

Luke Cage 1

Jessica Jones 1

Defenders

Luke Cage 2

Iron Fist 2

Iron Fist 1

(The last three were pretty terrible.  Especially Iron Fist 1.  Ouch.)  

Just finished Season 2 today.

Thought it started off better than Season 1 (first three episodes were _amazing_) but then slowed down considerably thereafter, bouncing among the Schultzes, the doctor, John Pilgrim, and Russo as villains.

Would have preferred more Frank + Amy roadtrip action, with her taking her under his wing a la The Professional.

Bernthal, however, was amazing throughout.

He's come a long way since his guest appearance on that first episode of "How I Met Your Mother."