• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

Ghost Rider And Punisher Audition Videos Surface

Marvel has multiple television properties in the works, including a new season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and their new Punisher series on Netflix, which spins out of their well received Daredevil series.

Jon Bernthal was stellar in his performance as the gun-toting character, and the studio has already started the search for additional cast members for the show. A number of audition tapes have started to surface online for the anticipated project and seem to focus on a time earlier in Frank Castle's career as a soldier in the marines.

Pretty cool to see some of these audition videos, and how much the actors have to force themselves into a scene with nothing else but someone reading back to them.

So today I got offered to do the Punisher. And I had to turn it down because I have too much on my plate right now. This sucks, I wanted that job probably more than any other show I've done.

:o

No chance you could offload some of the current work? It would be cool having an 'inside source' reporting on the show.

:wishluck:

So today I got offered to do the Punisher. And I had to turn it down because I have too much on my plate right now. This sucks, I wanted that job probably more than any other show I've done.

No chance you could offload some of the current work? It would be cool having an 'inside source' reporting on the show.

Cant do that unfortunately. I run 2 shows that are 23 episodes each, to give them up for a 13 episode series doesn't make much sense financially.

Cant do that unfortunately. I run 2 shows that are 23 episodes each, to give them up for a 13 episode series doesn't make much sense financially.

But the Nerd Cred would be off-the-charts.

Quit being a baby. Ramen noodles, cold showers and pre-paid cell phones for a year or so until filming is wrapped. You can do it! :insane:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Star Chris Pratt Hopes To See Star-Lord Meet The Punisher

Vin Diesel recently revealed that the Guardians of the Galaxy will have a starring role in Avengers: Infinity War, and while that has yet to be confirmed by Marvel, it makes sense that the two teams will come together to battle Thanos. During an interview with WeGotThisCovered.com, Chris Pratt was careful not to say too much about their involvement in the movie, but revealed a surprising candidate for who he's most excited to see Star-Lord potentially team-up with a couple of years from now.

Original-Sin-4-Spoilers-Winter-Soldier-Nick-Fury-Sr-All-New-Marvel-Now-5.jpg

Netflix's The Punisher Casts Ben Barnes

ben-barnes-the-punisher-199454.jpg

Netflix and Marvel Television have reportedly made their first casting decision for the upcoming Punisher TV series.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as The Punisher from Daredevil Season 2, and now we may know who his first major villain will be.

According to TV Line, Ben Barnes has joined the cast of The Punisher. There isn’t much in the way of details about Barnes’ character, but rumor has it he’ll play organized crime prodigy Bobby Saint.

Saint was previously played by James Carpinello in 2004’s The Punisher movie.

THE PUNISHER May Film As Soon as October; Is Jeph Loeb Teasing An Appearance on S.H.I.E.L.D?

Earlier today, New York Comic Con made this announcement over Twitter, regarding Jon Bernthal, the man behind Frank Castle, and availability during the convention in October, as preparation ramps up toward the coming event.

bkjWiUd.png

In addition, during the red-carpet premiere for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this past week, Jeph Loeb had invited a number of guests to the screening. One of which was Robbie Reyes' creator, Felipe Smith, but another notable comics guest was Gerry Conway, who has written for Ghost Rider in the past, though not Robbie Reyes. However, when Loeb introduced him to the crowd, he was cited as 'the creator of the Punisher', which Loeb then reportedly followed up by saying: "You will understand why I brought all of these people here later in the season, and why it makes sense."

oTJH3wD.png

I would love to see the Netflix characters have crossovers with AoS.

I for sure do not want that to happen.

Please dont mix Netflix's amazing shows with that of garbage TV shows such as AoS!

I already think Marvel was stupid to use a cool character like Ghost Rider as they are doing. doh! They had a DC brain fart on that one.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

zdiPeVu.png

Frank Castle is back in New York, but it appears as if he's gone into hiding since the events of Daredevil season two. While he'd become The Punisher we all know from the comic books by the time the finale of that series rolled around, it looks like he's attempting to keep a low profile here as the vigilante rocks a beard which fans of Greg Rucka's acclaimed Punisher run should have no trouble recognising.

Of course, what's most interesting about these photos is the fact that The Punisher is already shooting. Iron Fist and The Defenders will both hit Netflix in 2017, but it now seems like we can probably add Frank's spinoff to that list. As a result, 2017 will be the first time the online streaming service has aired more than two Marvel shows, and that definitely bodes well for future seasons of these dramas.

Yeah. If Punisher is already filming, unless it's filming at a VERY slow pace & he's splitting time between that an Defenders, it seems likely we'll see a Netflix announcement soon saying that they're expanding their Marvel offerings to 3-series-per-year. It's been inevitable since they've added an extra series to the original 4 and then given 2nd seasons to pretty much all of their releases thus far.

Yeah. If Punisher is already filming, unless it's filming at a VERY slow pace & he's splitting time between that an Defenders, it seems likely we'll see a Netflix announcement soon saying that they're expanding their Marvel offerings to 3-series-per-year. It's been inevitable since they've added an extra series to the original 4 and then given 2nd seasons to pretty much all of their releases thus far.
I hope you're right, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Netflix delay Defenders till 2018 for Punisher season 1. I think they should have just held off Luke Cage Season 1 since he was in Jessica Jones & went with Iron Fist Season 1 instead, bringing Cage back in another supporting role, then either ended this year or started next year with The Defenders. At the rate of 2 shows per year, we can expect a new season every 3 years since they're now working on 6 shows. I would honestly prefer if they cut each season down to 8 episodes & had all 6 shows running 2 months apart each year. Could certainly cut some dead weight from each season thus far.

That's actually not a bad idea. Especially since while I really REALLY loved S2 of DD, S1 of JJ and S1 of LC, I thought each of them had a few episodes worth of lull in the middle that could have been cut out had the seasons been maybe 2-3 episodes shorter.

However, I am pretty certain that they're further along in Defenders than they are in Punisher. And Defenders is supposed to only be 6-8 episodes, I believe.

Edited by Doktor

I would love to see the Netflix characters have crossovers with AoS.

I for sure do not want that to happen.

Please dont mix Netflix's amazing shows with that of garbage TV shows such as AoS!

I already think Marvel was stupid to use a cool character like Ghost Rider as they are doing. doh! They had a DC brain fart on that one.

Marvel is probably at the point where it will try anything to up the ratings on the horrible show that AoS is. They used the Punisher in a similar way in the late 80s through mid 90s in weaker comic books...... :roflmao:

Edited by kimik

That's actually not a bad idea. Especially since while I really REALLY loved S2 of DD, S1 of JJ and S1 of LC, I thought each of them had a few episodes worth of lull in the middle that could have been cut out had the seasons been maybe 2-3 episodes shorter.

However, I am pretty certain that they're further along in Defenders than they are in Punisher. And Defenders is supposed to only be 6-8 episodes, I believe.

Punisher started shooting October 3rd, Defenders starts shooting Oct. 31

Defenders is 8 episodes.