• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

The character interaction on this show is great.

Whether it is Micro and Frank, the Homeland Security agent and her partner, the Jigsaw and Rawlins or even the vet support group. It really makes the show more relateable and realistic. Add to this individual characters with real-world problems (that young vet), and it makes for a great show.

Spoiler

I wasn't sure where they were going to take Lewis Walcott as a troubled vet being turned down for work and unable to open up to friends or family. But after seeing even where the legal system made him feel unappreciated.

It tripped him over the edge, leading to terrorism.

Finished the series this weekend. Thought it was in the top tier of Netflix Marvel adaptations, up there with S1 of Daredevil.

I loved that they have Micro in the series :-)

Great action and Russo was a fabulous character.

Spoiler

It's a shame that Agent Orange could only get killed once :-)

Just finished it, really well done. 

I won't spoil it but it's a so well put together that it moves to the top of the Marvel Netflix totem pole. 

Fresh takes and venerable characters and a handling of events and motivations that work really well in the present day. 

As I mentioned to a friend this morning, in ranking the last three Netflix Marvel series you should:

Skip Iron Fist

Skim The Defenders

Savor The Punisher

5 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

11 episodes in now and WOW...what a series, characters are played to perfection.

On level par with Daredevil S1

I am only 3 episodes in and I totally agree - I am excited to finish this series, it is easily the best since DD Season 1 and Season 2.

I feel like Netflix/Marvel may have their mojo back after the disaster that was Iron Fist and the disappointment that was Luke Cage and Defenders.

15 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Finished the series this weekend. Thought it was in the top tier of Netflix Marvel adaptations, up there with S1 of Daredevil.

I loved that they have Micro in the series :-)

Great action and Russo was a fabulous character.

Reveal hidden contents

It's a shame that Agent Orange could only get killed once :-)

I couldn't help it after the first five episodes, and stayed up late to finish this off.

Micro helped make this more than viewers watching a man suffering from loss doing nothing but killing villains. We learned more about Frank from their discussions throughout the season.

Episode 11 is where Frank finally

Spoiler

sprays on the classic skeleton. Loved it!

So much gore, but for all the right reasons to tell a wild yet entertaining story.

6 minutes ago, prez said:

I liked how Punisher is so grounded - not your typical superhero show. John Bernthal is a breath of fresh air. 

That's a great observation. 

We've seen the Punisher now in several films, and this portrayal of Frank Castle before he became the Punisher carries the most weight. His relationship with his children and especially his wife feels the most real and tangible. You really feel his loss and his pain in a way that I think some of the other portrayals simply used them and their deaths as catalyst or pretext for him mowing people down.