• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS Price increase, WOW!!!

180 posts in this topic

It looks like that the USPS increased their rates by more than 20%

Also looks like that the price is now the same as if you actually bring it to the post office.

Is it me, or we are no longer saving any money on the post office website anymore. Anyone else seeing the same thing, I don't use pitney bowes or stamps.com.

I thought if there was an increase like last time, it was 50-75 cents, now it is $2.00 more to ship a 1 lb priority box than it was on friday.

I have not seen the overseas increase yet, now I am afraid to look

Edited by HOTFLIPS

Yeah I noticed it the other day. Person bought a coulpe things on the bay. Asked for total with shipping. I weighed the items and gave him the total. He pays me and the next day I go to print off shipping label and the price was increased, close to $2.00 increase.

U.S. Postal Service Reports $586 Million Net Loss in Third Quarter; Double-Digit Package Growth

WAY overpaid for what is being done. Moving a package from point A to B.

Last year for the same time period they lost over 2 BILLION I believe.

Elektra101

U.S. Postal Service Reports $586 Million Net Loss in Third Quarter; Double-Digit Package Growth

WAY overpaid for what is being done. Moving a package from point A to B.

Last year for the same time period they lost over 2 BILLION I believe.

Elektra101

I know they were losing money for years, but this is an insane increase, At least gas is down and It might be cheaper to deliver stuff myself

So does this effect the overall value of comics?

How much of buying and selling requires shipping?

Will sellers be forced to lower their prices to help accommodate the shipping increase?

Or will seller overall not care and pass that charge onto customers? Will customers still buy at that point?

Will the cost of shipping start factoring into a comic's value? Sure a slab may be valued at $50 but it actually costs $60 total to get that slab into your hands…therefore the value is now $60 right?

The USPS website if you went with that use to show you that you would save money instead of bringing it to the post office, It doesn't show that anymore, My question is-- Is it now the same price as if you were bringing it to the post office

For example, Last week a Medium Flat rate box cost $12.65 if you brought it to the Post office, But if you use their website, your cost is $11.30

Now it is $13.45 on the website

Edited by HOTFLIPS

Will sellers be forced to lower their prices to help accommodate the shipping increase?

Or will seller overall not care and pass that charge onto customers? Will customers still buy at that point?

Will the cost of shipping start factoring into a comic's value? Sure a slab may be valued at $50 but it actually costs $60 total to get that slab into your hands…therefore the value is now $60 right?

well I sell mostly supplies, it is not a big margin, I am giving everyone until Feb 1 before I have to adjust the pricing

no; you'll still offer up drek in the PIF threads

a massive amount

no

yes

no

I notice that UPS is still the same but still a little more than others but I am in NY

To ship a 20 lbs package to New Jersey is now cheaper to ship with UPS

Now if you use UPS sure post for 10 pounds or under, it is now cheaper than the USPO

well I sell mostly supplies, it is not a big margin, I am giving everyone until Feb 1 before I have to adjust the pricing

You sell widgets and operate on volume business with low margins. I sell specialty items and operate with a higher margin.

While an increase in shipping could force you to increase the price of said widgets, it doesn't necessary have to as you can always sell more widgets.

Your business is certainly more stable than mine (or other dealers) as you can readily replace inventory with a phone call. Much tougher replacing vintage material.

Still...USPS services are probably the best value in shipping.

a massive amount

no

yes

no

Thanks Brock! (thumbs u

a massive amount

no

yes

no

Thanks Brock! (thumbs u

First part is a little ribbin'...you take it well. But in all honesty, it won't impact much of anything.

USPS is still a fantastic value for what you get. I mean, you can ship a 2 lb package from the east coast to the west coast in two days for around $13. That's really cheap considering how far it is and what all goes into it.

And I include shipping in every item so I'll just eat the additional costs and raise (or lower) prices as the market moves.