• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Decisions Decisions Which comics to submit to CGC? by Greenlama

6 posts in this topic

Silver Age versus Modern comics. Which to submit first? A real approach-approach decision.

I remember meeting some of the CGC staff who attended a con in Kutztown Pa years ago. At that time I was reluctant to have comics encapsulated. I maintained a private collection not for sale at the time. Now I'm considering the long term investment and will begin submitting key books from the 40's through the present for grading. I'm curious how close we match as I consider

myself a tough grader. I'll post comics as they are graded for display only. I'll also upload some images of some of my private art collection including an unpublished Doc Savage painting (with Steve Holland posing), a Mark Schultz detailed drawing and a beautiful Vampirella pastel piece by my late friend, Dan Adkins

See more journals by Greenlama

I'm with Miraclemet, looking forward to seeing your older books! If you're so inclined, maybe post a list of the books with your grade estimates and then post again when you get them back to see how you do. I like doing that. Good luck!

I would love to see them too. I've been staring at older books knowing I can't afford them, but seeing the, especially books I have never seen before help me discover things I never would have before.