• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Renewal question
1 1

16 posts in this topic

is CGC just doing credits now instead of coupons for grading....I just renewed and they said $150 would be applied to my account, do I still need to wait for my coupons in the mail before I submit my comics. at Step 3 of submission it talks about a coupon so just wondering if they still send these out.

Coupons are no longer available. Step 3 of submission talks about coupons for the few people who still have coupons. That's what a CGC rep told me when I started submitting and asked the same question :)

I don't think it's that they had a problem with bootleg or counterfeit coupons but that they didn't want to keep giving away $240 worth of paid service for a $130 or whatever membership fee.

is CGC just doing credits now instead of coupons for grading....I just renewed and they said $150 would be applied to my account, do I still need to wait for my coupons in the mail before I submit my comics. at Step 3 of submission it talks about a coupon so just wondering if they still send these out.

You won't get anything in the mail. Once you renew, you can write "use $150 credit" on your next submission.

I really miss the 4x standard coupons. In fact, I may not renew my membership and just start submitting through the "partner" sites instead. I don't check my grades online anymore, preferring to be surprised when I open the box so I don't see a ton of benefit in the membership anymore.

I really miss the 4x standard coupons. In fact, I may not renew my membership and just start submitting through the "partner" sites instead. I don't check my grades online anymore, preferring to be surprised when I open the box so I don't see a ton of benefit in the membership anymore.

I def prefer coupons for 4 standard subs over $150 in credit but one can hardly blame CGC for their new policy.They were basically giving away $90 in service with the 4 coupons.

Partner sites do charge a fee for subbing through them so the $150 in credit reimbursement for membership does save money, if you sub a decent chunk of books to CGC.

I also greatly prefer cutting down the number of people who handle my books , to just myself and CGC employees.

Submission tracking is not all that important to me, in relation tothe above pounts. I see it largely as a fringe/complimentary benefit to membership.

I def prefer coupons for 4 standard subs over $150 in credit but one can hardly blame CGC for their new policy.They were basically giving away $90 in service with the 4 coupons.

Partner sites do charge a fee for subbing through them so the $150 in credit reimbursement for membership does save money, if you sub a decent chunk of books to CGC.

I also greatly prefer cutting down the number of people who handle my books , to just myself and CGC employees.

Submission tracking is not all that important to me, in relation tothe above pounts. I see it largely as a fringe/complimentary benefit to membership.

All good points. I should have added that I am by no means a high volume submitter. I also have the added benefit of having a local shop that I can submit with for nearly the same price I would pay myself with the discount.

This is exactly how I feel. My subscription is up next month but I don't think I'll renew. I never submit directly anymore so there really isn't a need for it anymore. The only drawback is not being able to track the progress of your books...but there's always the phone. (thumbs u

My subscription is up on 7/18 and I need to renew (since i'm submitting books in person on 7/19 at SDCC...go figure)....and the CGC site says I get $20 off for renewal, but do I get the same $150 credit when I renew (i.e. the same credit as when I got my original membership)?  

1 minute ago, nrad1968 said:

My subscription is up on 7/18 and I need to renew (since i'm submitting books in person on 7/19 at SDCC...go figure)....and the CGC site says I get $20 off for renewal, but do I get the same $150 credit when I renew (i.e. the same credit as when I got my original membership)?  

Yes you do. Its a promotion they are having for existing accounts. You basically get 20 bucks off but still get the full credit. 

On 6/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, wolverine180 said:

Yes you do. Its a promotion they are having for existing accounts. You basically get 20 bucks off but still get the full credit. 

On 6/21/2018 at 6:08 PM, nrad1968 said:

Do we still get the $150 credit for renewing? :)