• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

issues with Photobucket - update! 1/21/16

67 posts in this topic

I dislike these types of threads but since they don't have direct customer support I thought I'd ask if anyone else was having issues (I've been having them since noon).

I'm near my max storage (10GB) yet I've deleted hundreds of files and it doesn't appear to be reducing my overall number (or as much as I'd thought it should).

I had over 2000 photos and my capacity has gone from 91% to 89%.

Also deleting files has been an issue (photos aren't deleting) for me not to mention folders, and while they did have some maintenance from 2pm-7pm it doesn't seem to have resolved what I've been experiencing all day.

I still can't upload any pictures.

I can no longer login via my phone app (Apple) as well.

So am I going crazy?

Photobucket has been doing maintenance all day. When I log in I get a page with a cat hanging by a thread stating so.

I'm on a paid plan so free users may not see that.

Photobucket has been doing maintenance all day. When I log in I get a page with a cat hanging by a thread stating so.

I'm on a paid plan so free users may not see that.

I am a free user and that is what I saw as well.

I'm just amazed that you have used 10 gigs of online storage.
mm normally it's 2gb free but you got an extra 8gb when you added the mobile app

Roy I did see the maintenance cat and I am on the free accounts.

The conspiracy theorist in me believes this is an attempt to make me upgrade to the paid

I'm just amazed that you have used 10 gigs of online storage.
mm normally it's 2gb free but you got an extra 8gb when you added the mobile app

Roy I did see the maintenance cat and I am on the free accounts.

The conspiracy theorist in me believes this is an attempt to make me upgrade to the paid

it ain't no conspiracy. i deleted about 1/3 of my pics and my % went from 92 to 86.

Seems it's working fine now? I just did one photo test upload into my account and it went in good. I even deleted a lot of my old scans out. At the end, all come out OK without any problems.

so I messaged photobucket support with my issues and they resolved my storage capacity. I went from 89% capacity with 1600 pics to 10%

If you are having the same issue contact support.

I used it a bit for the last 3 days.

The biggest problem was the load time. It would get a Pic to 90% loaded in seconds and then maybe 20 minutes to finish it off. (that was before the hanging cat announcement).

It also stated in red on each attempt that it had failed despite having successfully uploaded.

Today all seems right with the world. :)

When I delete a huge amount of pics at once, sales pics for example, They sometimes don't all get deleted, and I have to re-delete them. And sometimes when I upload too many, multiple copies are uploaded. Doesn't happen often, but it happens. But what do you expect for free.

It's actually acting very strange for me as well.

I try to upload several scans, it gets to 90% pretty quick and then just goes forever. Little red X's start showing up (meaning the scans have failed) but if I refresh the page sometimes all the scans have uploaded.

I've been trying to upload scans on and off since last night. What a creppy service. And mine is paid for.

It's actually acting very strange for me as well.

I try to upload several scans, it gets to 90% pretty quick and then just goes forever. Little red X's start showing up (meaning the scans have failed) but if I refresh the page sometimes all the scans have uploaded.

I've been trying to upload scans on and off since last night. What a creppy service. And mine is paid for.

Mine is also the paid version. I closed the page and reopened it and there were all my supposedly failed uploads. For whatever reason, it's awfully glitchy and doesn't seem to be improving.

I've been having the "deleted files mysteriously reappear" issue for the last few days. Very frustrating. Especially because my capacity (I'm on the free version) is upwards of 70% and I need to do some scanning. It shouldn't be that high either... only about 400 pics.. but it hasn't dropped with previous deletions (when that was working). So I think I will actually contact support as suggested.

I have been having similar problems with Photobucket since the past two months. Finally got fed up with their service and switched to TinyPic. Since I made the switch, I have not had any issues with their services. Also the linked images actually shows up as their original size compared to Photobucket that scales them down automatically.

It's gotten practically unusable for me. Maybe 1 in 20 uploads actually works. Once in a while a "failed" upload shows up in my "recent uploads" when I refresh the home page, but most often not. :pullhair:

I e-mailed them. If it doesn't get fixed soon I'm going to have to bail on them. :sumo: