• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

issues with Photobucket - update! 1/21/16

67 posts in this topic

I did contact them.... not sure if things are working better yet? But they responded that they "refreshed" my capacity and all of a sudden I went from 67% used to 32% used without deleting a single image.

So.... yeah, contacting them is a good idea. My guess is that the "refresh" has something to do with emptying a trash folder we don't have access to or something.

Photobucket really blows lately.

Even deleting old photos isn't working right.

Anyone still having problems?

Since contacting them my storage is fixed.. but I'm unable to delete. Very frustrating. Got a ton of books I need to upload and haven't tried that yet. Hopefully that part works.

For the last few days it's been frustrating to see it hang at 90% indefinitely...only to later find out that it's been completed.

I actually upload from an old laptop, and then check on my PC. You can log in from multiple devices at the same time. You can probably just guess by how fast the rest is loading where the end is if you've only got one computer. I found a good method is just to wait until there were 1-2 images left, then upload more. The uploading works a lot better around here at night for whatever reason - more people on the internets during the day or something.

I've only used about 14% of my storage capacity, but I'm suddenly having strange problems pop up. Often, photos won't upload at all, it just hangs forever. If they do upoad, I get 10-12 copies of the same image. If I delete the extra copies, they go away, but later they magically reappear.

Yeah, it's still screwed up. I e-mailed them a couple of days ago and they got back to me saying they had figured out the problem and fixed it. But they clearly haven't.

Whatever they did with their last software upgrade seems to have caused huge problems for at least some of their users.

1/27/2016 - 4pm

They're STILL screwed up.

>> I e-mailed them ...

What address did you use? I can't see any link on their site for "contact us" -- kind of a telling clue that they don't want to hear from customers.

Speaking of which...is there any way to make the photos appear in your Library in the order you scanned them? My photobucket completely randomizes the batches, and it's a royal pain.

(I don't want to go through the hassle of naming all of them, either. )

One workaround is to open a new window. The scans that are initially labeled failed uploads, or failed cropping, or whatever, will sometimes be in the new window under recent uploads. Still very slow and very much a pain.