• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

issues with Photobucket - update! 1/21/16

67 posts in this topic

Yeah, unless it's a small subset of users having these issues, it's hard to see how they can survive. These problems have been going on for at least a couple of weeks.

I whitelisted them for AdBlock to see if it would help ... it didn't.

Yeah, unless it's a small subset of users having these issues, it's hard to see how they can survive. These problems have been going on for at least a couple of weeks.

I whitelisted them for AdBlock to see if it would help ... it didn't.

I thought that was the problem and did the same thing. I've always had small issues with the site here and there, but this is terrible.

I dumped Photobucket about three upgrades ago.

Imgur for me, easy and fast.

Ok. I signed up for it, uploaded a couple of images ... and got the following error message:

Imgur is over capacity!

Sorry! We're busy running around with our hair on fire because Imgur is over capacity! This can happen when the site is under a very heavy load, or while we're doing maintenance.

Please try again in a few minutes.

Probably all the refugees from Photobucket have swamped the place! lol

Ok. I signed up for it, uploaded a couple of images ... and got the following error message:

Imgur is over capacity!

Sorry! We're busy running around with our hair on fire because Imgur is over capacity! This can happen when the site is under a very heavy load, or while we're doing maintenance.

Haha I got the same message too and almost threw my keyboard across the room. Seems to be working now...

I like how they don't auto-downsize my images.

Imgur is over capacity!

Haha I got the same message too and almost threw my keyboard across the room. Seems to be working now...

I like how they don't auto-downsize my images.

Has anyone had issues posting thumbnails on eBay using Imgur as your host?

Still experiencing problems. Thought I had everything squared away last night, then today I have 9 copies of one image, 6 of another, 5 of another, on and on. Very annoying.

Yeah, but thank goodness they extended their 80%-off sale on canvas prints for another day. :insane:

Speaking of which...is there any way to make the photos appear in your Library in the order you scanned them? My photobucket completely randomizes the batches, and it's a royal pain.

(I don't want to go through the hassle of naming all of them, either. )

Photos always used to upload this way and I believe are still supposed to, but since one of their updates ages ago it no longer works. This is a HUGE PITA if you're trying to upload multiple books with front and back cover scans.

Speaking of which...is there any way to make the photos appear in your Library in the order you scanned them? My photobucket completely randomizes the batches, and it's a royal pain.

(I don't want to go through the hassle of naming all of them, either. )

Photos always used to upload this way and I believe are still supposed to, but since one of their updates ages ago it no longer works. This is a HUGE PITA if you're trying to upload multiple books with front and back cover scans.

I start a folder for each date and list then name the books and list them alphabetically on FB. Helps me find everything. A little extra work but it's worth it.

If you don't want to go through the trouble then just name everything by A, B, C or 1, 2, 3.