• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2012 VENOM 1:50 variants with Print Runs - ASM 678 Hulk 4 FF 14 etc

162 posts in this topic

someone else's instagram photos aren't covered by that eBay policy.

That very photo could be in their stock photos. You don't know for sure but to keep from beating a dead horse, yeah the guy is unscrupulous for ripping off someone's photo to sell a comic he may or may not have. Ebay is just not going to do anything to him for selling with someone else's photo.

The point I'm making was that: assuming the photo originated on Instagram & the first use of it on eBay was not by the same person that initially posted it TO instagram, then it cannot be covered by that policy. Using a stolen photo is a copyright violation (there's absolutely no fair-use exemption here) & no eBay policy can magically turn a photo that the poster didn't have the right to use in the first place into a valid stock photo.

But yeah, eBay won't care unless a bunch of people complain. And even then, they still won't really care or do anything except maybe axe that listing at most.

Yep, that was what I was alluding to. I wasn't defending the seller in the sense he wasn't doing wrong. It's just that Ebay allows this kind of thing to happen because Sellers don't have to use actual photos for their auctions. As a buyer I like to know exactly what I am purchasing and on the flip side as a seller if I put in the work to represent my comic as high grade and do all types of scans I don't want someone else to come along and lazily use my pics to sell their similar item.

someone else's instagram photos aren't covered by that eBay policy.

That very photo could be in their stock photos. You don't know for sure but to keep from beating a dead horse, yeah the guy is unscrupulous for ripping off someone's photo to sell a comic he may or may not have. Ebay is just not going to do anything to him for selling with someone else's photo.

The following is a Public Service Message, brought to you by The Copper Age Kids Comics & Services.

We here at at C.A.K. Headquarters appreciate all of YOUR feedback, we hope to WORK with you to bring about a just resolution to any of your comic book buying experiences.

Our Mission Statement, is based on a COLLECTIVE effort to bring awareness of potential d-baggery via eBay never do wells.

We do all that we can and strive with due diligence to effectively police the Comic Book Community to make your ebay trading experiences as pleasurable for all parties involved as is humanly possible :hi:

Saacasm aside....

The seller is violating eBay's listing practices, on several counts.

Clearly stating in the auction description that the book pictured is his own personal copy.

The seller outright cancelled the first listing of the same book/same photos and citing "item is no longer available"..........leads me to think he sold the book elsewhere...or it was sold to the 1st (or 2nd highest) bidder offline at below $660.

He then relisted the same book/same photos.

He also posted his cell number, stating he will make a deal off ebay.

There, you have 3 to 4 eBay policy violations.

All it takes is 5 people to file listing violations reports with eBay .

Copy/paste the 1st auction that ended at $660 when you report the current listing.

And to make it easier on everyone:

Go ahead and copy/paste the bulk of my post here in your report (minus the last few sentences, tidy up my summation a bit) ............and PRESTO, LAWD ALMIGHTY :preach: .............

The listing will be removed and the dude will get a healthy smack down from eBay...ESPECIALLY for urging would be buyers/bidders to buy the book from him offline.

I'm thinking the original auction was shilled and the book was relisted by the same seller under a different handle in order to capitalize on the "buzz" of the original fake sale.

-J.

I have a Uncanny X-force 20 in 9.6 blue label - how much do people think I should be expecting for that?

Without having too much to go on, I'd say a nice round number like $1,000 would be in the ballpark (shrug)

Jerome

I think I would put it in the $600-$700 range tops.

-J.

I have a Uncanny X-force 20 in 9.6 blue label - how much do people think I should be expecting for that?

No recent graded sales on eBay are documented. Just let it run auction and let the market decide. Raws have been ending $500. There was a raw $700 best offer from a European seller which sold but don't know exact amount.

List it and see what happens.

Without having too much to go on, I'd say a nice round number like $1,000 would be in the ballpark (shrug)

Jerome

-J.

Really hard to say, I think it'd be higher than that(since it is graded?), but like Jreezy said, sell it and find out!

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Jerome

-J.

Really hard to say, I think it'd be higher than that(since it is graded?), but like Jreezy said, sell it and find out!

Jerome

There's a 9.6 on ebay right now sitting at $1100 with little interest. The highest public sale for any copy ever, raw or graded was $540 but there have been sales of high grade looking raw copies in the low $400s after that.

Maybe just too many copies hitting the market at the same time. (shrug)

-J.

Jerome

-J.

Jerome

before you list this, you should take some things into account that might affect your final auction price.

1. If you're in Switzerland, some buyers (for right or wrong) are weary of purchasing internationally for any number of reasons.

2. If you have relatively low or new feedback, this can/will also likely have an effect on your realized price.

3. When asking for advice about 'what to do' or 'what price to expect' here on the boards (or anywhere), realize that many of the people giving advice are not necessarily disinterested third parties. They might want the price to be higher so their copies are worth more, or be worth less so they can buy more affordable copies. Certainly not everyone has ulterior motives, but its not far-fetched to think some people do.

Jerome

-J.

Jerome

before you list this, you should take some things into account that might affect your final auction price.

1. If you're in Switzerland, some buyers (for right or wrong) are weary of purchasing internationally for any number of reasons.

2. If you have relatively low or new feedback, this can/will also likely have an effect on your realized price.

3. When asking for advice about 'what to do' or 'what price to expect' here on the boards (or anywhere), realize that many of the people giving advice are not necessarily disinterested third parties. They might want the price to be higher so their copies are worth more, or be worth less so they can buy more affordable copies. Certainly not everyone has ulterior motives, but its not far-fetched to think some people do.

Some good points to keep in mind, and for the record. I don't own a copy lol

Jerome

Jerome

-J.

Jerome

Jerome

but maybe you're trying to buy one cheeap....or I am....

Jerome

-J.

Jerome

Jerome

but maybe you're trying to buy one cheeap....or I am....

Not if I think it's worth more than other people have suggested. But yes, it could be anyone! lol

Jerome

Jerome

-J.

Jerome

Some good advice here.

I'll post a pic when the comic arrives, if the comic arrives, I've got a bad feeling on this one for some reason (shrug). But this is the same seller who:

A) listed the book as $2,999 OBO, right after the other book sold for $1,200

B) rejected my $1,250 Offer before re-listing as an auction.

C) I've never had a seller not ship a book, or decide the sales price was too low, so maybe I"m due or maybe I'm just paranoid lol

Jerome