• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to grade and sell a short box of comics?

43 posts in this topic

Grading a book shouldn't take the 10 minutes mentioned, or even the 5 minutes mentioned. Now I do consider that I am very experienced. here is how I do it:

-Pick up the book and review the front noting any defects.

-Flip it over and look at the back noting any defects.

-Open inside front cover and look, you are looking for marks, bleed through (indicating color touch), and tanning

-Open inside back cover and look

-View interior pages, make sure all wraps present especially centerfold,

-check staples

Assign grade

Should take a couple hours max to grade all 147 books. Add an hour to include a price sticker/ rebag/ reboard if needed.

3 hours

I might add counting the pages -- 8 to centre / 8 to back -- and quick sniff of the book looking for any whiff of mould. :shy:

I do this with my vinyl records as well. Unfortunatly my Hüsker Dü album had Mould in it.

Grading a book shouldn't take the 10 minutes mentioned, or even the 5 minutes mentioned. Now I do consider that I am very experienced. here is how I do it:

-Open inside front cover and look, you are looking for marks, bleed through (indicating color touch), and tanning

-check staples

Assign grade

Should take a couple hours max to grade all 147 books. Add an hour to include a price sticker/ rebag/ reboard if needed.

3 hours

I might add counting the pages -- 8 to centre / 8 to back -- and quick sniff of the book looking for any whiff of mould. :shy:

I do this with my vinyl records as well. Unfortunatly my Hüsker Dü album had Mould in it.

lol

Pre or post Zen Arcade?

-check staples

Assign grade

3 hours

lol

Pre or post Zen Arcade?

When I was younger and angrier pre. Anything post was sell out pop.

Now that I'm older, and I've mellowed a bit, post. Even have Sugar's Copper Blue.