• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Canary/Oracle: Birds of Prey #1 - 1st appearance of Birds of Prey

27 posts in this topic

I was psyched when I found one of the Birds of Prey one shots last week in a box of dollar box books I had bought a few years ago. And somehow, although unbagged and unboarded, it had managed to stay pristine.

No such luck on the showcase.

All I need is a Detective 850, but I think it's not going to happen. I seem to have the issues around it. Bummer.

You don't want Detective 850

I was psyched when I found one of the Birds of Prey one shots last week in a box of dollar box books I had bought a few years ago. And somehow, although unbagged and unboarded, it had managed to stay pristine.

No such luck on the showcase.

All I need is a Detective 850, but I think it's not going to happen. I seem to have the issues around it. Bummer.

You don't want Detective 850

Why wouldn't I want to find a detective 850 in a box of books I paid $1 a pop for? (actually, less, I get a 33% discount on my dollar books)

Because that book is going to see a large market correction very soon.

Also, Black Canary, Huntress, and Oracle first work together in Black Canary #10.

F-that, I have to pay for Chinese food or pizza tomorrow somehow, might as well sell a comic that is due for a correction!

I'm saying if I have it somewhere in my boxes, awesome. I wasn't planning on running out and paying $25 for a copy hoping I can flip for $35.

I get chest pains when I spend more than $2 on a book!

:news: More and more people, including the grading companies, are acknowledging reality. :applause:

So what do the :censored::censored: lying :censored::censored: scumbag sellers do? Many listings (not made by idiotic liars still calling it the first Birds of Prey) now call Showcase '96 #3 a "Birds of Prey prototype" as if prototypes can come after the real thing. :facepalm: And, of course, it's often the "first Birds of Prey prototype" so the listing still contains those words together. :eyeroll::facepalm::facepalm: