• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your collecting goals for 2016?

101 posts in this topic

Every year I outline what my goals are, and they inevitably change. So this year its more in line with Gene's thought process above:

Be disciplined, don't just buy willy nilly, even if that means another light year, after a light year of only a couple pieces.

Better to wait for one or two pieces I'm really excited about than fritter it away in a couple stints of lesser retail therapy.

I just bought 2 pieces in the last week, that has wiped out my budget for the year, so I guess my goals for the year are already complete. :P Though on the brightside both pieces were things I had been looking for for a while and on previous years list. I also think I got a bargain on one of them also so thats a bonus!

I have had a pretty good 3 year run of getting things on my wantlist and so I plan to lay back a bit and be selective on anything that isn't pretty cheap (ie, under 250.00.) I may sell a few things and rearrange a few things to strengthen the quality of my collection with respect to a few artists I am particularly interested in, but I wont be nearly as active in the mid-range stuff that has mostly been my bread and butter. I hope to work directly with artists I like to acquire things for my collection when I can (I already have a few irons in the fire in that regard) and I would like to enjoy some quality time with some of my collecting friends doing a little more show and tell rather than obsessing over what can I buy next. I would also like to spend a bit more time working on making my apa articles have a bit more heft-in particular I would enjoy interviewing some artists I admire about their work. Benno

Very happy with 2015...got a great Winsor McCay Rarebit Fiend, picked up some choice Tim Sale Batman pieces and a Hugh Fleming Star Wars painting, firmed up my Don Newton collection, while also selling off some of my more unfocused buys of previous years.

2016 wish list, here we come:

Brian Bolland - Camelot 3000 page/cover or a KJ page would be great.

Zach Howard - getting a Wild Blue Yonder cover would be awesome.

Mike Zeck - a Batman or Punisher piece from the 80s

Frank Miller - Is a DKR page too much to ask for?

Gabe Rodriguez - Any Locke & Key covers/pages

Kevin O'Neill - Marshall Law cover or interior.

Don Newton - Phantom pages from his Charlton run or a Batman splash

Continuing to support my favorite artists' current works, including Sean Murphy, Terry Moore, and Matt Roberts.

And echoing Gene's comment about focused buys in the coming year.

My goals 2016 are to find the following Flamingo comic strips:

Looking for Flamingo comic strip #116,#117,#122, #126,#129 (6-26) & any Flamingo strip month of July 1952.

Anyone in the boards that can help me or lead me to buy any. I can reward you $$.

Here are my goals for 2016

1. TMNT City At War Cover

2. TMNT Return to New York page

3. Early Eastman and Laird interior page before issue 11

A guy could dream right :)

Eastman has a couple return to new York pages up on his site. Just FYI.

A page from 100 Bullets #3. That's it. I've yet to find one, the artist can't help, and his rep (Big Wow) doesn't have a contact link unless you're purchasing existing art from 'em. If you have a page to sell, let's talk.

That's pretty specific. It's been awhile since I read the series. What u[ with that issue?

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a page. I've got my Risso fix, but I still keep an eye out for another.

Here are my goals for 2016

1. TMNT City At War Cover

2. TMNT Return to New York page

3. Early Eastman and Laird interior page before issue 11

A guy could dream right :)

Eastman has a couple return to new York pages up on his site. Just FYI.

Thanks Jay I've seen those.. :)