• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 Consolation prize posted by BBOY

3 posts in this topic

And it's the single highest graded! lol

A few years ago I went to one of my storage facilities out of state, to try and locate my comics which sat there for over 20 yrs. I finally found them, one of the top 2 was Incredible Hulk 181. After submitting for grading, it came back a 9.2.

Since I needed the cash, had to sell it.

Nonetheless, I did pick up a reprint of Hulk 181 around that time, submitted it for grading, and just got it back. Although it's about a quarter of the size of the original (and about a zillion times less valuable than the original, lol), this one came back a 9.8, and it's the single highest graded!

Cover is an early version of Hulk 181.

And Now...The Wolverine!

17202.jpeg

See more journals by BBOY

Love your humor!! :D

Your title immediately caught my attention!

Like you, I also had to sell my former Incredible Hulk #181...and my copy was the CGC 9.8 WP Mile High 2 copy which recently sold on Comic Link for almost 17K!

I was bummed out because I initially paid 15K for it...it sold at auction for just under 10K in November of 2013 on Pedigree Comics...and to see it sell recently for that amount in late 2015 was like a slap in the face! Oh well...life happens and I have moved on! I am praying one day I can at least acquire another perfectly wrapped and centered CGC 9.6 WP example.

Thanks for sharing! Now I may have to purchase one of these reprints in the meantime! (lol)

-Professor Pecora