• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 5-7, 2016! CGC On-Site Grading!

97 posts in this topic

Dale Roberts Comics will be set up at booth 1017 at Tampa Bay Comic Con at the Tampa Convention Center this weekend.

I have tons and tons of new product, including Golden Age, Pre-code Horror, Silver Age, and Bronze Age. All told, I will have 16 boxes of Golden Age, 31 boxes of nice grade Silver Age, 22 boxes of CGC or CBCS certified comics, and quite a bit of other stuff. Please stop by the booth and take a look, and I will try to send you home with some good comics at a good value.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Dale

Took us a good 5 hours + to unload and set up today (booths 709/711/808/810...big 4 booth island between 700&800 aisles near front)

We've got about 25,000 comics priced at $0.50-$1.00

About 5000 comics from $2.00-$50.00

And about 1000 comics from $50.00-$50,000+. Gold/silver/bronze cgc and raw

We also exclusively have the comic mint exclusive Harley Quinn #1 color and bw variant on sale at our booth

Something for everyone I suspect

After you buy something from dale, come buy something from us

Took us a good 5 hours + to unload and set up today (booths 709/711/808/810...big 4 booth island between 700&800 aisles near front)

We also exclusively have the comic mint exclusive Harley Quinn #1 color and bw variant on sale at our booth

Real sorry your trip hasn't been smooth Rick. Hopefully, it doesn't sour you on coming back next year....you are a welcome addition at any Florida show.

Dale Roberts Comics will be set up at booth 1017 at Tampa Bay Comic Con at the Tampa Convention Center this weekend.

I have tons and tons of new product, including Golden Age, Pre-code Horror, Silver Age, and Bronze Age. All told, I will have 16 boxes of Golden Age, 31 boxes of nice grade Silver Age, 22 boxes of CGC or CBCS certified comics, and quite a bit of other stuff. Please stop by the booth and take a look, and I will try to send you home with some good comics at a good value.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Dale

Dale definitely had some great stuff, easily some of the nicest in the room. His booth looked packed most of the time I walked by.....couldn't resist and had to buy a few gems of my own. If you are at TBCC this weekend, stop by and see him. Dale is always easy to work with, and one of the most knowledgeable dealers out there....maybe we'll get some Chicago Deep Dish in a few weeks Dale... :headbang:

Real sorry your trip hasn't been smooth Rick. Hopefully, it doesn't sour you on coming back next year....you are a welcome addition at any Florida show.

My spirits are dampened. Apparently ,some time between 11am and 5pm yesterday, a box of silver age cgc comics went "missing" from my inventory.

Once all details are firmed up , I will elaborate more. But I am bummed to say the least.

My spirits are dampened. Apparently ,some time between 11am and 5pm yesterday, a box of silver age cgc comics went "missing" from my inventory.

Once all details are firmed up , I will elaborate more. But I am bummed to say the least.

dang, I'm sorry to hear that Rick. :(

Praying it shows up :wishluck:

I went today (Saturday). Got their at 7:30 am. Line wasn't too bad. Got some early morning shopping in, I only care about comics, not so much about movie/tv stars or cosplay.

Always good to see the shops and vendors who are not local, or who only do shows. Picked up a Hero for Hire #1. Not the first one I ever owned, but I wanted to get it back in my collection. Not the best example, but it works for the price. Picked up some great Bronze Age stuff in nice condition with affordable prices, mostly FF, Cap, Black Panther, and Spiderman.

George Perez had a constant line. He's a good guy.

Glad I went early, leaving at 2 pm, the line in the concourse was insane, it was starting to get suffocating. I imagine they had 25K people throughout the day.

Was there today as well. I didn't get to see George Perez, but Neal Adams I just about walked right up to. I had him sign my Batman 227 and he signed a nice print I picked up.

Definitely super crowded. I went to Mega Con in Orlando last year and I think there were way more people at this event. Not sure if TBCC is usually the more attended event.

Was there today as well. I didn't get to see George Perez, but Neal Adams I just about walked right up to. I had him sign my Batman 227 and he signed a nice print I picked up.

Definitely super crowded. I went to Mega Con in Orlando last year and I think there were way more people at this event. Not sure if TBCC is usually the more attended event.

Well, Megacon is putting down stakes in Tampa in October. The fear being that their deep pockets will try to buy out TBCC, and it will go away, with just the Megacon show being the yearly event. I always liked TBCC, even the early days when it was just a hotel conference room, and 3 or 4 comic guests, (no media guests, and cosplay was just beginning).

Well, Megacon is putting down stakes in Tampa in October. The fear being that their deep pockets will try to buy out TBCC, and it will go away, with just the Megacon show being the yearly event. I always liked TBCC, even the early days when it was just a hotel conference room, and 3 or 4 comic guests, (no media guests, and cosplay was just beginning).

Not a lot of comic dealers (that I speak with) are supporting the Tampa move, which will make for an interesting convention. As a rule, it seems there are fewer comic dealers doing these larger shows, but than again, most attendees dont seem that interested in vintage comics anyway.

Well that would be good. I like TBCC.

It's funny that we seem to have drifted into 3 camps at these large conventions now. I know you can't pigeon hole, and many folks have various interests across the board, but:

a) comic collectors- the guys with backpacks and 8 months worth of disposable income saved for those elusive high grade issues, or great bargain bins we seek.

b) cos-players- the people who dedicate time, effort and imagination into elaborate costumes.

c) celebrity hawks- the people who just want to meet and get an autograph from their favorites movie/tv stars

Not a lot of comic dealers (that I speak with) are supporting the Tampa move, which will make for an interesting convention. As a rule, it seems there are fewer comic dealers doing these larger shows, but than again, most attendees dont seem that interested in vintage comics anyway.

I wonder if the October con will even happen. I haven't been the last few years, but Megacon always seemed to have more comic vendors than tbcc. I was thinking next year I'll go back to Megacon or try supercon instead of the overcrowded-ness and oppressive heat of tbcc. Although I'm taking my kids today and I know they'll love it. Are there any decent hotel cons left around?

Of course it's happening. Venue is booked, guests are being booked, tables are being sold,

It's not the end of the world, glad people are enjoying themselves this weekend.

It's not the end of the world, however it is about discretionary income.

$35-40 to get in for a day, some people have travel expenses, + money you set aside to spend at the show. The consumer only has so much to go around. A major Con in August followed by a major Con in October....choices will have to be made for many of us.

Which is fine, all of these things we love are things we do with our discretionary income. Some markets can support multiple events, others can't. We'll find out this fall if TB is one of them.

Which is fine, all of these things we love are things we do with our discretionary income. Some markets can support multiple events, others can't. We'll find out this fall if TB is one of them.

Would've made like a billion times more sense to have had one of the shows in early March. People come down on spring break, they want to travel south for the weather, and they have tax return money. Much better to have one great show in March than a mediocre one some other time.