• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with X-Force #1?
1 1

255 posts in this topic

Just curious why it seems like no one has graded copies of the Polybagged version, but the 2nd print seems to be the only thing out there. Going by GPA prices, it looks like there hasn't been a polybagged version for sale in years, and the price of that was very low. Is the 1st print less rare in this case? I know people still sell them in pack of 10 or 50, so they seem pretty common.. I was just hoping to get a copy graded for nostalgia. Just curious if i missing something along the way?

thanks

GPA stopped breaking out the polybag version sales so they are lumped in with the other ones. I see sales of poly version in 2015, just click on the ID number and it will take you to the CGC cert verification and you can see in the notes if it is a poly version or not.

What I don't know is if CGC still differentiates between the poly and non-poly versions.

At one point (maybe 10 years ago now), it seemed like CGC was noting it only if they removed the polybag.

So, if a polybagged version was unbagged prior to CGC, it wasn't noted. If CGC took the bag off, it was.

hm

(I'm talking more about Spider-man #1 1990 than X-Force #1, but it's likely there was a similar policy.)

It's very difficult to find high grade copies of the first print. I've literally gone through a couple thousands of these over the past 10 years and the ones still in the bags are usually never over VF+.

A large majority of those have had a vertical color breaking crease along the front and back cover.

23 hours ago, I like pie said:

It's very difficult to find high grade copies of the first print. I've literally gone through a couple thousands of these over the past 10 years and the ones still in the bags are usually never over VF+.

A large majority of those have had a vertical color breaking crease along the front and back cover.

The X-books that came polybagged for the X-Cutioner's Song crossover are apparently very hard to find in 9.8 because of the polybag seam and maybe also the card causing imprints in the cover. I believe most copies today that were left in the bag are expected to all be out of 9.8 range. The good news is, with X-Force there are a few million out there to go through. It's weird that this book has gone through a cycle where so many upon release thought it would be valuable in the long term, then everyone thought it was garbage to be treated only with disdain and now it's somewhat sought after again.

12 hours ago, Philflound said:

The thing you have to think about is whether or not there will be a polybag crease on the cover. Getting 9.8 could be tougher, though pressing may remove the the indent.

Based on the damage I have seen pressed out on other books, a polybag indent should not be an issue. 

Come on they printed these books to death. High grade is out there no one is going to convince me it isn't. I still run into entire long boxes of this book.

Collectors were storing these books and still have them stored. Money will bring them out.

Edited by fastballspecial