• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with X-Force #1?
1 1

255 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Got a newsstand with the X-Force card in it. Did they do newsies with the other cards as well?  Also have a regular Cap and three of the negative Caps with Deadpool cards. I love this junk!

I have about 10 of the newsstand ones now and there are 3 different cards in the 10, so I assume all the cards are available the same as the direct.

On 10/17/2017 at 12:53 PM, fastballspecial said:

Come on they printed these books to death. High grade is out there no one is going to convince me it isn't. I still run into entire long boxes of this book.

Collectors were storing these books and still have them stored. Money will bring them out.

Spawn #1 not far behind (more of those in 9.8 I'm sure though).

While reviewing some of Chuck's newsletters from back in the day for my GUTS & GLORY Journal I came across an explanation from Chuck to what actually happened with X-Force #1

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.7db936ff28218de7d208a7e5219f83f2.jpg

This was a HUGE deal back then, but it appears that the majority of collectors back than could care less, especially since the grading system has not yet been implemented obviously. Could you imagine the uproar if this were to happen today???

Also, interesting that a month later X-Force #1 2nd print was solicited

IMG_0005.jpg.08f53d0ed9f1e8f6be8e395102096086.jpg

14 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

While reviewing some of Chuck's newsletters from back in the day for my GUTS & GLORY Journal I came across an explanation from Chuck to what actually happened with X-Force #1

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.7db936ff28218de7d208a7e5219f83f2.jpg

This was a HUGE deal back then, but it appears that the majority of collectors back than could care less, especially since the grading system has not yet been implemented obviously. Could you imagine the uproar if this were to happen today???

Also, interesting that a month later X-Force #1 2nd print was solicited

IMG_0005.jpg.08f53d0ed9f1e8f6be8e395102096086.jpg

WOW! I assume the negative UPC is the "2nd print"?

Also, seems Chuck was always complaining about SDCC.

Edited by ygogolak

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

WOW! I assume the negative UPC is the "2nd print"?

Also, seems Chuck was always complaining about SDCC.

Well, no there is a gold edition 2nd print. But the fact that Marvel went ahead and issued a 2nd print IMMEDIATELY was, as chuck guessed, to remedy the printing defect problem which damaged most of these copies. Especially since they werent able to replace them with current stock as he writes here:

Capture.PNG.1d02e87959a841736f1a1da1f17921c8.PNG

9 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Well, no there is a gold edition 2nd print. But the fact that Marvel went ahead and issued a 2nd print IMMEDIATELY was, as chuck guessed, to remedy the printing defect problem which damaged most of these copies. Especially since they werent able to replace them with current stock as he writes here:

Capture.PNG.1d02e87959a841736f1a1da1f17921c8.PNG

Yes, but they are technically 2nd prints. I am assuming that is the reason for the two different UPC boxes as well. To differentiate the two.