• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with X-Force #1?
1 1

255 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I looked at the first sold listing, which was the X-force Dell Otto :sorry: I was following the conversation and was ??? wondering how it fit, I see the X-force your talking about now (thumbsu 

Ah, ha. The 2nd prints for Sex & Violence got real hot when Dell 'Otto picked up. They were selling for $100+ raw at one point.

11 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Correct. 2 sold in last 2 days for $140

That price seems like fair market value.  Peak price was $300 which sent people submitting many more copies.  Before people start screaming about not being worth that amount, try submitting one yourself.  Many copies with printer streaks and all had impressions from the polybag and the card.  I finally got a 9.8 in my last submission (1 out of 3).  If you submit one, make sure to press it first as that is only way to get rid of the impressions.  If the impressions were heavy from stacking, even pressing won't get rid of it all.  Not as hard I thought to get a 9.8 but still not easy compared to other books.  9.6 is only $30 so we are looking at 5x the price for a 9.8.

38 minutes ago, spidermanbeyond said:

That price seems like fair market value.  Peak price was $300 which sent people submitting many more copies.  Before people start screaming about not being worth that amount, try submitting one yourself.  Many copies with printer streaks and all had impressions from the polybag and the card.  I finally got a 9.8 in my last submission (1 out of 3).  If you submit one, make sure to press it first as that is only way to get rid of the impressions.  If the impressions were heavy from stacking, even pressing won't get rid of it all.  Not as hard I thought to get a 9.8 but still not easy compared to other books.  9.6 is only $30 so we are looking at 5x the price for a 9.8.

Yup that's what this thread is pretty much about

On 8/29/2018 at 10:40 AM, solitude said:

first one i tore open had a bend down the center but my second one i got this ..i am going to sub it see what happens ill let ya know..cant find anything wrong with this book but never know..

IMG_20180829_0001.jpg

IMG_20180829_0002.jpg

Was the bend from the loose card in the bag? 

20 hours ago, KobaltDog said:

Was the bend from the loose card in the bag? 

no the crease is from the plastic bag its weird the back side of the plastic has a beveled edge to it so the crease should be in the back the front has just a slight edge to it yet the cover has a crease..i pressed the one up there if they were worth more at this time i would spend time on these but for 65 70 bucks i have bigger fish to fry..but yea i think the crease will press out i just have not tried yet..that one up there had no crease..but the next 2 i looked at had them i have not seen any damage from the cards yet..

49 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Found 3 versions of X-Force 1 today.  Is there any premium for the newsstand version or just the inverse captain America?

1904772357_ScreenShot2019-03-27at6_36_01PM.thumb.png.fe74913d0a88f17f497cac63f6bf2555.png

What's this about an inverse cap?

Could you explain what that entails?

22 minutes ago, I like pie said:

They were printed with the normal black color cap and a negative. 

I've found the negatives are a little harder to find of the two, though some believe it's 50/50. The upc is the hardest to find of the three.

Maybe the regional distribution wasn't even, but the overall numbers are equal?

11 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's this about an inverse cap?

Could you explain what that entails?

To be honest, I just thought it was some weird printing error.  

No worries lol i didn't know anything at all, but at least now you know upc is the less common of the 3... :foryou:

I had bought some copies a long time ago at a LCS sidewalk sale, he even commented at the register because he knew I was just starting collecting again that I shouldn't bother with them...

Hey at least he was honest, but I haven't checked the copies for cap, upc or etc....

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

No worries lol i didn't know anything at all, but at least now you know upc is the less common of the 3... :foryou:

I had bought some copies a long time ago at a LCS sidewalk sale, he even commented at the register because he knew I was just starting collecting again that I shouldn't bother with them...

Hey at least he was honest, but I haven't checked the copies for cap, upc or etc....

Let me know if you find a newsstand.  I guess that's the one to find from now on, lol.