• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with X-Force #1?
1 1

255 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2016 at 3:37 AM, VinnyT said:

Just curious why it seems like no one has graded copies of the Polybagged version, but the 2nd print seems to be the only thing out there. Going by GPA prices, it looks like there hasn't been a polybagged version for sale in years, and the price of that was very low. Is the 1st print less rare in this case? I know people still sell them in pack of 10 or 50, so they seem pretty common.. I was just hoping to get a copy graded for nostalgia. Just curious if i missing something along the way?

thanks

So I was searching on internet regarding pricing of this comic I came across that we have had in a box and found these posts. We have the first issue in the original bag with trading card never opened. So is that a good thing? I’m so new and naive to comics! Insight would be great! 

On 1/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, Kristy0915 said:

So I was searching on internet regarding pricing of this comic I came across that we have had in a box and found these posts. We have the first issue in the original bag with trading card never opened. So is that a good thing? I’m so new and naive to comics! Insight would be great! 

You have a $1-3 comic based on the condition to be honest.  These are as plentiful as they come and nothing major happens in the book.  #2 is the 2nd appearance of Deadpool, and had a spike a few years back, but is now back to a $5ish book.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I'll buy the deadpool card one if they look to be in good shape and $1 or less. Not sure why I keep on doing that.

Hopefully Nostalgia......

I grabbed a handful of these #1's at a sidewalk sale a LCS back in like 2016 or 17, and the owner, the literal owner, told me to put them back. I was like they're only a $1 haha

He said, ya but these are :sick: and I told him anyway that I'd take the 3 or 4 and a plastic statue. He responded, "if that's what you want"

I laugh at me 4to5years ago lol sometimes I don't think I'm that stubborn, but this is a great reminder lol 

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I should share with you guys that I was a manager for a comic book store when this book came out.  

The owner had a heat shrink station and wand for cutting and sealing plastic bags.  He was quite proud of the fact that he had ordered many hundreds of copies of X-Force 1 and had opened up many, many copies and took cards out, added those to other books, resealed them and then sold them both for big premiums to local collectors as "error variants".  He even had an ad in the CBG selling them.  At least a few hundred books were sold like that.  He was particularly proud of his "4 card" books.

Having known many comic book dealers/store owners over the last 40 years, I very much doubt my old boss was the only one playing games.  So when you find copies without cards or with 2, I don't think you can ascribe first print, second print, etc. based on that.  2c

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Are you sure now (a few whole weeks later)?

Don't let this become another Thor 339. :baiting:

I feel like I have bought a dozen over the years and have only found 3. As for Thor 339.. It seems to be the same $15 it was 2 years ago. Was it $25 at one point?