• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with X-Force #1?
1 1

255 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Come on they printed these books to death. High grade is out there no one is going to convince me it isn't. I still run into entire long boxes of this book.

Collectors were storing these books and still have them stored. Money will bring them out.

Absolutely. Even that one I sold on ebay should bring out a few more. Still, if they are stored in the polys all these years, it won't be a flood of 9.8s.

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

All of my copies have a color breaking crease down the book. I counted 5 with that damn crease. No press is gonna help that

But thats just from the ones I saw at home, I prolly have 20-30 more in storage if not more

I see that as well on many copies, but I have also ran across boxes of stored copies that look completely untouched. 

The numbers will bear this out. If you got 9.8s cash out now once speculators find blood in the water the price will fall. 

This book is everywhere. Everybody had copies. The only book that I would argue more on was X-Men 1.

Maybe the 2nd print might be worth looking at. 

37 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I see that as well on many copies, but I have also ran across boxes of stored copies that look completely untouched. 

The numbers will bear this out. If you got 9.8s cash out now once speculators find blood in the water the price will fall. 

This book is everywhere. Everybody had copies. The only book that I would argue more on was X-Men 1.

Maybe the 2nd print might be worth looking at. 

Correct, and nothing should be able to change that story. It'll be interesting to see if people try...

Also, you can add Spider-man #1 to that list.

X-force 1 having a defect and not scoring 9.8 often is old old news. 

The last time I heard about this was 2 years on fb. Then earlier this year on some speculator site. 

The response of people challenging the notion that 9.8 could fetch big bucks was ALWAYS that there are millions of copies out there. 

Yet time has passed and the census hasn't changed 

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

X-force 1 having a defect and not scoring 9.8 often is old old news. 

The last time I heard about this was 2 years on fb. Then earlier this year on some speculator site. 

The response of people challenging the notion that 9.8 could fetch big bucks was ALWAYS that there are millions of copies out there. 

Yet time has passed and the census hasn't changed 

If the book retains any value over the next, say, nine to eighteen months, then you should be able to get a good idea of how hard it will be to get a 9.8 by only looking at the census data.

8 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

If the book retains any value over the next, say, nine to eighteen months, then you should be able to get a good idea of how hard it will be to get a 9.8 by only looking at the census data.

Why should I speculate about the future when that speculative mind set is already proven to be wrong considering the recent 2 sales of 200.00? (shrug)

Just now, Aweandlorder said:

Why should I speculate about the future when that speculative mind set is already proven to be wrong considering the recent 2 sales of 200.00? (shrug)

Notice I said "by only looking at census data"... which is the data you posted. The other option is to go try and flip some books by submitting a bunch of them yourself.  Someone might buy them, there is a sucker born every minute.

1 minute ago, SquareChaos said:

Notice I said "by only looking at census data"... which is the data you posted. The other option is to go try and flip some books by submitting a bunch of them yourself.  Someone might buy them, there is a sucker born every minute.

Census data shows that about 6-7 percent are 9.8. Thats a pretty low number. Why are they suckers for paying 200?

Census data shows that about 6-7 percent are 9.8. Thats a pretty low number. Why are they suckers for paying 200?

I'll be convinced that is true when I know that the people who have a clue about what they're doing are the ones submitting them... which may happen now if they think they can sell them for $200 each. Nearly half of the books sent in to be graded came out as 9.0 or lower - who do you think submitted those?

Just now, SquareChaos said:

I'll be convinced that is true when I know that the people who have a clue about what they're doing are the ones submitting them... which may happen now if they think they can sell them for $200 each. Nearly half of the books sent in to be graded came out as 9.0 or lower - who do you think submitted those?

As I pointed earlier - this has been discussed THOROUGHLY on social media and spec sites (cough cough cbsi). This is a well known issue. There is awareness 

The amount of books submitted in just the 6 months period prove that that 9.8 ratio has NOT changed

The recent 2 sales provided by a baordie prove that this IS sought after

What more proof do you need about this spec?

As I pointed earlier - this has been discussed THOROUGHLY on social media and spec sites (cough cough cbsi). This is a well known issue. There is awareness 

The amount of books submitted in just the 6 months period prove that that 9.8 ratio has NOT changed

The recent 2 sales provided by a baordie prove that this IS sought after

What more proof do you need about this spec?

I never said it is easy or hard to get a 9.8... not sure why you're pushing this point so much.

All I'm saying is anyone submitting a modern and getting back 9.0 and worse doesn't know what they're doing (shrug)

Just now, SquareChaos said:

I never said it is easy or hard to get a 9.8... not sure why you're pushing this point so much.

All I'm saying is anyone submitting a modern and getting back 9.0 and worse doesn't know what they're doing (shrug)

How would you know that all books submitted were by newbs?

What if there were hundreds of 9.8 pre-screen reject subs added to those census numbers? 

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

How would you know that all books submitted were by newbs?

What if there were hundreds of 9.8 pre-screen reject subs added to those census numbers? 

I'm not sure I follow what you're asking me there. 

I'm not real sure what else to say about my own thoughts on this topic. I can't speak more authoritatively since I haven't tried to sub a bunch of X-Force #1, so I can only go by what the data seems to suggest to me and make an educated guess from that. Is the book a tough 9.8? No idea personally, but I have no problem taking the word of someone that has actually subbed their own 9.8 candidates. Just looking at the data though... it isn't quite a 1:2 ratio of 9.8 to 9.6, but it's close, and that doesn't seem too overly terrible to me.