• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best cons for buying?

33 posts in this topic

Chicago is the best con for buying comics. Even though the entertainment aspect of it has grown over the last few years, it's still maintained its roots as a comic buying and selling show

+1

Chicago has a lot of great board members. Makes it a great show for buying and socializing.

:acclaim:

Chicago is the best con for buying comics. Even though the entertainment aspect of it has grown over the last few years, it's still maintained its roots as a comic buying and selling show

+1

Chicago has a lot of great board members. Makes it a great show for buying and socializing.

I don't he was talking about you :baiting:

+1

I'm pretty sure he was, papi :slapfight:

+1

I don't break bread with just anyone, and I have broken bread with Casey and Emily on many an occasion.

I'm pretty sure he was, papi :slapfight:

In the Midwest, WW Chicago, followed by Motor City in Detroit, and Gem City in Dayton Ohio.

WW and Motor City both have the usual collection of sword, teeshirt, and tchotchke sellers, but still have plenty of serious dealers and dollar box purveyors, and Gem City is VERY comic centric, with a good mix of folks with interesting stuff.

I try to attend all three.

+1

Do you guys ever attend any of the shows in the Pacific North West or just the big ones back East?

Charlotte Mini-Con on January 30th 2016 and Heroes Convention in Charlotte June 17-19. In Tennessee Rob Con usually has some good deals for a small 2 day con if the same vendors show up from previous years.

Most of the vendors at these three cons are actually board members and really good to deal with from my experiences. They also have very strict grading on their raw books from what I've seen.

Charlotte Mini-Con on January 30th 2016 and Heroes Convention in Charlotte June 17-19. In Tennessee Rob Con usually has some good deals for a small 2 day con if the same vendors show up from previous years.

Most of the vendors at these three cons are actually board members and really good to deal with from my experiences. They also have very strict grading on their raw books from what I've seen.

Some of the best purchases I've ever made were at various Charlotte Mini-Cons. Not sure if that's what it was called at the time, but they were Rick's shows.