• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Expanse...
2 2

112 posts in this topic

I kind of like the show, but they shouldn't have gone with the whole no gravity in space thing because they do a really, really bad job of trying to pretend they are in a weightless environment much of the time. They should have just added some artificial gravity for their space ships. Then they wouldn't have to fake like they are weightless all the time, while only getting it maybe 60-70% right. If you watch every scene closely, you can constantly see little things affected by gravity that shouldn't be since they are in space.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I will correct missing out on this show. Promise!

:whee:

Yeah watch it.  Best Scifi in the last decade and that is not being hyperbolic.   You have to grin and bear it a little bit through the first 4 or 5 episodes, but then it really takes off.

2 minutes ago, drotto said:

Yeah watch it.  Best Scifi in the last decade and that is not being hyperbolic.   You have to grin and bear it a little bit through the first 4 or 5 episodes, but then it really takes off.

Yep, I had an initial abbreviated experience with the series as I had bailed after episode two. At the insistence of a friend I finally gave the series a second shot.

32 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Based on the strong positive support for the show, I just bought Season 1 through 3 on VUDU. So guess I will be busy for quite a while.

:whee:

Not a prime member?

On 1/29/2016 at 5:58 PM, Davenport said:

...is the show I look forward to the most each week. :cloud9: It's now up to Episode 8 (for you binge-watchers out there). If you're not watching, you really should.

The quality and writing are excellent. Multilevel plotlines, rich characters. Might be the best show on tv right now. Seriously.

the_expanse_still_h_2015.jpg

OH yes, It's on my "MUST SEE" list!  I'll probably start watching in the next several days.  Looks very interesting.

Watched the first episode of season 4 last night, great to see the crew back together but does anyone else think the CGI doesn't look as good as previous seasons? As in it looks a bit more like a computer game, a bit too smooth?

2 hours ago, bane said:

Watched the first episode of season 4 last night, great to see the crew back together but does anyone else think the CGI doesn't look as good as previous seasons? As in it looks a bit more like a computer game, a bit too smooth?

It did not strike me one way or the other. In theory, it should be better since they had more money and a longer amount of time for this season.

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Just started watching this show. On episode 3 and I loved it after the first episode 

if it gets better by episode 5 I am in for a treat 

can’t wait to binge watch this 

hells yeah

It gets better and better. I know the first few episodes can be hard for some to get into but you stick with it you will be rewarded.

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Just started watching this show. On episode 3 and I loved it after the first episode 

if it gets better by episode 5 I am in for a treat 

can’t wait to binge watch this 

hells yeah

Really hits is stride about episode 6 or 7.  When you get into the Eros storyline.  From there it just explodes.  Start picking out some favorite characters.