• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Expanse...
2 2

112 posts in this topic

At least Book 6 does give them a reasonable place to end the series, as there's a natural stopping place before the

Spoiler

30 year jump forward

But I feel like it's going to be unsatisfying from a TV standpoint not to resolve

Spoiler

the mystery of the ring aliens

I'm getting the final book this week.

On 12/11/2021 at 6:16 AM, Axelrod said:

At least Book 6 does give them a reasonable place to end the series, as there's a natural stopping place before the

Hide contents

30 year jump forward

But I feel like it's going to be unsatisfying from a TV standpoint not to resolve

Hide contents

the mystery of the ring aliens

I'm getting the final book this week.

As I have said (many times!) before - I can't watch this without thinking - 'what could have been'

The books are so superior to the show it's sad.

Best part of the TV show was Drummer - a made up character (there is one in the books but totally different and way less significant).

I'll watch, and weep quietly in a corner.....

Cara Gee is absolutely superb as Carmina Drummer.

Single-handedly carries the show. Which is still very poor compared to the books.

Holden is such a disappointment - the guy just can't act.

Why with one last season would you waste precious minutes with re-incarnation on Laconia when Duarte's empire and shipyards haven't even been mentioned - despite already launching a destroyer through the ring (thats what it seemed to imply)

Don't make a TV series if you can't tell the whole story that people loved in the books.

Thank christ for Drummer....

So that's how you cram the missing 45% of the book series into one final season.

Ignore it completely.

Such a shame - now go read the books people, and enjoy it properly.

Cara Gee still rocked her role.

caminadrummer1.thumb.jpg.aa6a74018ee7e826407f0538b24a6bd0.jpg