• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIVERDALE on CW (1/26/17)
1 1

265 posts in this topic

My daughter can't wait for Season 2. lol

We have Veronica and Cheryl at the Edmonton Expo September 25 & 26 - perfect timing for autographs before the premiere in early October. Should be great for Betty & Veronic #1 Hughes cover sales. lol 

Well, I stopped watching the show after episode 7. I felt like it got stale and repetitive. Archie himself is the least interesting character (Jughead was way more interesting), yet somehow everything revolves around him. I really do think this show would have been better If it was more along the lines of horror/paranormal, instead of soap opera drama. 

I will say this though, they did an awesome job with selecting the music. So many good bands are featured in the show's soundtrack!

Anyone else think that Betty kinda looks like Kaley Cuoco?

Edited by Darkowl

Riverdale Producer Teases ‘Incredible’ New Season 2 Mystery

In a new interview with EW as part of their Fall TV Preview, one of Riverdale’s producers, Greg Berlanti, discusses the new season’s strong first three episodes and teases an incredible new mystery ready to rock Riverdale:

“The first three episodes of this are the strongest of a second season I’ve been a part of. It’s got an incredible new mystery and a new hook, and I think it’s got more of everything that people love about the show.”

Considering Berlanti had previously produced for series like Dawson’s Creek and Brothers & Sisters, it’s exciting to hear that Riverdale’s first three episodes of season 2 are the strongest of a second season he has ever been a part of. We know so far that the first three episodes will be titled ‘A Kiss Before Dying’, ‘Nighthawks’ and ‘The Watcher in the Woods’. These are all ominously dark titles that will likely follow the fallout of season 1’s finale setting up the new mystery, which could very well be centered around the shooting of Fred Andrews (Luke Perry).

Riverdale season 2 premieres October 11th at 8pm EST on The CW.

Edited by Bosco685

Is Riverdale’s Black Hood Killer Just a Red Herring?

Riverdale-The-Man-in-the-Black-Hood.jpg?

Chapter Sixteen: ‘The Watcher in the Woods’ saw the Black Hood delivering a letter to the Cooper residence, for publication in the Riverdale Register. Although Alice took it to Sheriff Keller and the Mayor, who both agreed it shouldn’t be published, she had, of course, already sent it to print for the next morning’s front page, effectively playing right into the author’s hands.

“I am the wolf. You are the flock. This is the bloodletting,” he chillingly concluded.

In this week’s episode, “The Town That Dreaded Sundown,” the Black Hood made contact with Betty Cooper and claimed that he was “inspired” by the speech she gave in the season 1 finale, and in the trailer for next week’s episode he tells her, “I don’t like sharing you with people.”

The show seems to be aggressively pointing the audience towards Hal Cooper as the prime suspect – everything from his physical appearance, his previously revealed dark side, his closeness to Betty and Alice, his twisted morals (he sent Polly away to a convent to hide the “shame” of her pregnancy), and his convenient absence whenever the Black Hood killer strikes means that revealing Hal as the killer would wrap everything up in a neat bow. And that, of course, makes it all the more likely that either the Black Hood is acting on someone else’s behalf, or that his whole M/O is just a fiction – a distraction from something bigger that’s going on.

One thing’s for sure: this being Riverdale, it’s unlikely that the mystery has a simple answer.

This season has been fantastic! Though why Betty would expose herself to such risks and relationship loss is crazy. But I realize it makes for great drama.

'Riverdale' Stars Hint That The Black Hood Will Be Unmasked Soon

riverdale-the-man-in-the-black-hood-1052

In a recent interview with Glamour, Riverdale stars Madelaine Petsch and KJ Apa were asked about the mystery surrounding the Black Hood, the masked man terrorizing the town. And according to Petsch, fans will soon discover the Black Hood's true identity - even if she didn't uncover it at first.

"I didn’t guess it." Petsch, who plays Cheryl Blossom, revealed. "When I read it, it shocked me, but you won’t have to wait much longer. A couple more episodes and the mystery will be revealed."

Apa, on the other hand, had a much better idea of who the Black Hood really was, but he can't say more beyond that.

"I already knew." Apa, who plays Archie Andrews, explained. "I guessed it. But everything is very…it’s hard to say."

Edited by Bosco685

'Riverdale' Actress Wants Kevin Smith to Direct an Episode

Kevin Smith is no stranger to The CW. The filmmaker has multiple episodes of both The Flash and Supergirl under his belt, but if Riverdale's Marisol Nichols has her way, Smith would be stepping behind the camera for a turn at Riverdale, too.

The actress, who plays Hermione Lodge on The CW drama, took to Twitter to ask when Smith might be directing an episode of Riverdale. While Smith said that he would be there if Greg Berlanti asked him to, the filmmaker went on to say that the show was doing perfectly fine for themselves and really didn't need him, poking a bit of fun at his film Yoga Hosers in the process.

I didn't realize how popular this show was.I was checking out Google Analytics and Archie Comics is like top 10 on that pertaining to comic books. This show put Archie Comics back on the map again with mainstream. Might be a good time to start looking at the Archie superhero keys before they start getting introduced in the mainstream like the Black Hood did.

'Riverdale' Renewed for Season 3

Riverdale, The CW's hit drama based on the characters from Archie Comics, has been officially renewed for a third season, the network confirmed.

The series, which launched with soft ratings last season, became a sensation on Netflix, and those strong streaming numbers goosed season 2's ratings on live TV as well, making it one of the network's top shows.

Riverdale was renewed for a second season fairly early last year, just after Warner Bros. Television signed an overall deal with Archie. The second show on that deal, Sabrina, will head to Netflix with a two-season commitment beginning in 2018.