• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIVERDALE on CW (1/26/17)
1 1

265 posts in this topic

RIVERDALE Premiere Date Set

riverdale-211791.jpg

Riverdale will come to The CW in January of 2017, the network confirmed today.

Archie (KJ Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart) and Veronica (Camila Mendes), Jughead (Cole Sprouse), and the rest of the gang will take over Thursday nights starting January 26th at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

The one-hour live-action drama based on the Archie Comics characters will be followed a week later in comic shops by a special one-shot comic book that ties into the show. The February 1 release will provide previously-unknown backstory for key members and storylines on the show.

“This is a historic moment for Archie Comics – and it’s been a long time coming,” said Archie Comics CEO and Publisher Jon Goldwater. “Partnering with Roberto, Greg Berlanti Warner Bros. and The CW has been a wonderful experience, and it’s been stunning to see the show bring our iconic characters to life, adding to the mythos and legend of Archie and his gang. You will be hooked from the first scene, I promise you.”

So I saw the trailer.

My one deepest wish is that whatever I wrote in the 2016 Overstreet Price Guide is somewhat true and certain books go up in value. I feel like it would validate my article.

Also Archie is hot and now I get why Betty and Veronica fight over him.

Molly Ringwald Cast As Archie's Mom In Riverdale

molly-ringwald-218170.png

Icon of 1980s teen cinema Molly Ringwald is bringing that nostalgic charm to The CW’s television adaptation of classic Archie Comics characters, Riverdale.

Ringwald will have a recurring guest role on the series as Archie Andrews' mother, Mary Andrews.

According to Variety, Mary Andrews left the town of Riverdale two years ahead of the start of Riverdale series in order to follow her dreams. She returns to Riverdale at Homecoming in order to help her family through a trying time and reconnects with her husband Fred (Luke Perry) and high school friends Hermione and Alice.

If this is some mashup of 90210, My So-Called Life, The Wonder Years, and Afterlife with Archie... the next generation will have their teen angst anthem.

It'll either bomb with a dead thud or soar magnificently; fingers crossed :D

What, no Dawson's Creek? :D

Riverdale Releases New Season One Key Art

riverdale-poster-thecw-218424.png

The CW has released (via Deadline) a new poster for Riverdale, a television adaptation of Archie Comics.

The key art features (right to left) Archie (K.J. Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart), and Veronica (Camila Mendes) inside Pop Tate's Chocklit Shoppe, sitting together and enjoying a tasty milkshake. Directly behind them, outside of the '50s-style diner, stands (left to right) Josie (Ashleigh Murray), Jughead (Cole Sprouse), and Cheryl (Madalaine Petsch).

The poster's tagline reads,“A great place to get away from it all.”

If this is some mashup of 90210, My So-Called Life, The Wonder Years, and Afterlife with Archie... the next generation will have their teen angst anthem.

It'll either bomb with a dead thud or soar magnificently; fingers crossed :D

What, no Dawson's Creek? :D

Woops, who could forget lolol !